Streamer advice

Looking for a little advice on streamers---I'm currently working on a simple second system and want to connect a decent streamer with my home Wifi. I have a Sugden A21 Signature integrated and a pair of Tekton Lore References. I'm currently using my MacBook Pro via Ifi Zen V2 DAC for Spotify. I want to add a dedicated streamer and I'm considering the Blue Sound Node 2i or the Cambridge Audio CXN V2. Budget is $1500. Are there other streamers I could consider? The Cambridge is on sale now with $200 off so that's a little tempting. Thanks in advance.

bluorion

I’m with Fuzztone. I just received that streamer today as an upgrade from the BlueSound 2i and the difference in sound quality is frankly astonishing! 

Yes little green computer , you can add a nice 2-3 Terabyte of SS drive works nice 

Roon ready .

+1 for Magna Mano mkIII 

I don’t have a lot of experience with streamers so I don’t feel I can speak much about comparisons… but what I do know is that it sounds amazing and was pretty much plug-and-play.

@fuzztone

Thanks for your recommendation on Magna Mano. It appears to be better built than Node. What can you tell us about Logitech Media Software, is it as easy to use as BluOS app? Is it windows based or do they have iOS app? I noticed, other than ROON bridge which require ROON Core Server, both Volumio and MoOde doesn’t support Qobuz.

• Logitech Media Software supports local USB, NAS playback. Streaming Services; Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify and Deezer. Android & iOS App.
  • ROON bridge ready (Requires Roon Server in your network)
  • Volumio music player (UPNP/DLNA, Airplay, Spotify Connect, TIDAL Connect and Web-Radios)
  • MoOde™ audio player (Supports Airplay, Spotify, Squeezelite, RoonBridge)
Post removed