Revel F208 - worth a try?

Is anyone going to talk me out of buying a pair of Revel F208? I currently have Sonus Faber concerto book shelfs and a couple subs. I recently (couple weeks ago) got the benchmark amp and it sound great and really helped with the speakers, but I have had the SF for about 15 years and I am bored with them. I find they are too soft and not detailed enough (probably just their nature and they are getting old). I want something detailed and neutral (not bright !). I listen to male/female vocals, blues/southern rock, some electronic remixes, and some music from the 70s for fun (oh, HT use as well). I have a large room. The F208 would not be my end game and I might keep them for only a year or two but it is fun to try new things. I can get a pair for about $4k and return them if they hurt my ears. What do you think? Thank you.

12many

What about Revel M126Be as a solid choice of a nice sounding bookshelf speaker? They are in the Performa series and may be worth considering. 

matt_mccloat,

I run my Revel 228be on a McIntosh MC462 which I find as a nice combo I can listen all day. I also own Rotel amps in my home theater and I would not recommend “lower end” Rotel with Revel. It makes them sound a little cold and hard. On the Mac they are detailed and fatigue free at any volume.   

I had them. Very neutral. Switched back to dynaudio it's the sound I like. The revels are prettier, though for sure.

The F208s lack image projection and depth.If you enjoy a more 3D soundstage they would not be the best choice.

Hi Fi News commented on this when they reviewed them and that is how they sounded to me.The measurements confirm that sort of sound  -"the response has a clear concave trend with a suppressed presence band".

That sort of sound might be fine for orchestral music I suppose.