Static attack! Time to get the humidifiers going

With the temperature dropping and the heat kicking on that old nemesis is rearing it's ugly head again.  Easily noticeable on most records lately.  Especially today when I went to do some listening.  I have a Hudson hi-fi Anti static dust brush contraption set up and I think it does help.  I especially like how it dusts the record as it spins.  But when I went to throw on a record (Mahavishnu Birds of Fire) the dust brush swung over towards the record like a shot!  Hit it with the Zerostat (had forgotten to use it first) and tried placing the record on the platter again.  The dust brush stayed put!  Good to see the Zstat doing it's job.  

But, I am considering purchasing a Furutech destat in the near future.  Anyone actually use one with good results?  It is a bit pricey but I'm thinking it may be a worthwhile investment.  

pkatsuleas

@ghdprentice , come on ghd! I'm much better looking the @mikelavigne :-)

Yes, when the spark jumps to the cartridge it makes quite a "pop" if you have the volume up. When I had a Linn I used carpet tape to keep the mat in place. It is very thin and you won't notice it under the mat. 

come on ghd! I'm much better looking the @mikelavigne 

@mijostyn truth be told, that's not saying much.🙄

@mikelavigne Thanks for the product recommendations.  I will look into them.  As far as the Zstat doing 💩 goes, I was never sure it was doing anything either.  But, this little arm swing attraction thing of the dust brush kinda proves it for me.  Without the Zstat the arm immediately swings towards the record as I go to set it on the platter.  After the Zstat the arm doesn't budge - very interesting indeed!  

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I can hear static increase towards the end of the album side.  Anyway, for the cost of the Hudson dust brush I don't think you can go wrong.  Give it a try  

@pkatsuleas I looked at the Hudson brush. Thinking of trying it as well as their Ultrasonic Stylus Cleaner.