To pricey

Hello was looking at a pair of B&W 804d or 803d but so expensive are they worth it.  ????

801d

So, I got to hear the Joseph Audio Pulsars (original version) in the same system with the 804D3.  IMHO the Pulsars did everything better than the 804s.  I could respect what the 804s did, but they sounded sterile versus the musicality, imaging, and 3D soundstage of the Pulsars.  My advice, you could get a very nice pair of used Pulsars for about $3500 or, even better, get a pair of Perspectives.  IME they’re not even in the same league.  FWIW. 

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649911512-joseph-audio-pulsar/

This has become so typical of posters here, most detractors never even heard the speakers or brands they often criticize in their home. Those complaining about B&W being bright and so on, please tell me which speaker doesn’t require careful matching with upstream electronics to sound its very best……

@lalitk i had heard them, in my home. I didn't like them. Other people love them. That's exactly how it works, we find that there is no ultimate list, we all have different favorites. 

1. Buy used.  2. I like the 803 D3. You may not. Others here express their love and dislike of b&w. They’re all correct. Now it’s your turn to decide.

This has become so typical of posters here, most detractors never even heard the speakers or brands they often criticize in their home

Most here, in this thread, have.

Those complaining about B&W being bright and so on, please tell me which speaker doesn’t require careful matching with upstream electronics to sound its very best……

Good point, but-

It`s either you move on to a more satisfying speaker, or you spend more money on the components, upstream, to match them. I did this. I have a SS amp paired with a tubed preamp. My B&W`s don`t sound bright, as they once had, but wonderful.