To pricey

Hello was looking at a pair of B&W 804d or 803d but so expensive are they worth it.  ????

801d

You may want to take a listen to the new 700 series TAS reports that they sound terrific almost reaching the 800 series in sound at a fraction of the price.

To further my question its the newest models the 804d4 or 803d4 using NAD M25 amp have been running 804 Nautilus for almost 20 yrs paid 3500 USD considering inflation today Listen Up wants 14000 for 804 d4s and 23000 for 803d4s  the speaker will only be 10ft from me just dont want to spend that kind of money for a latteral move any other brands to consider?

+1 @johnto...The Nautilus are also awesome.  Many geezers are selling theirs now (think Florida).  I would put the extra $ into the electronics.  The NAD is not up to the abilities of any of the B and W 800 series speakers IMHO.

In terms of resale value, sure.  Deciding whether or not you want to sit with them in a long term commitment however, that's something only you can decide.

In this current climate is better to go with pro speakers and looks for speakers made from wood and not break the bank. Also to build your own speaker is quite easy today and the material is a little expensive but you can make it so much better for a few thousand on a custom speaker is nearly better than a 20000 speaker just saying also diminishing returns is a real thing