Room correction room system vs ears….

So, I splashed out and spent more than I wanted to on a nice little Benchmark amp and preamp etc and since I’ve gone that far I got curious about a room correction system for this and it’s going to cost me over a grand apparently. As far as I can gather these dial in the music before it comes out of the speakers…?

im wondering if I simply messed around and found the sweet spot without a room correction system how much of a difference this would make. I’m far from savvy with audio and try to keep things simple for my simple brain, so, on a scale of 1-10 how much difference would I percieve by splashing out on a room correction system?

thomastrouble

Some DSP in a room beats none, even in a 'meh' room....I count on it, as ears can lie to one's mind, whereas a mic and software don't care about prefs....ho, as usual.

Take a look at the Sumiko Master Set speaker positioning method you might find it helpful. Good luck !

I am with those recommending to treat the room 1st.  I made my own panels using rockwool 60 in 2x4' sheets 2" thick framed with 1x2" pine and covered with fine burlap fabric.. To start I would place them at the 1st reflection points on side walls, behind speakers and behind the listening chair if the back wall is close. 

Play with speaker placement within the room as is and then make adjustments after treating room.

Keep in mind that one is tuning the room for one's own hearing.  

Use the money saved to purchase a outboard DAC for your node. 

Good luck in this endeavor. 

Home Audio Fidelity or HAF will create convolution filters for Roon based on measurements you take. Results are remarkable. Customer service is top notch.

I also agree to try room treatments first.  Experiment with them in different places.  To me, room correction is taking away your true sound and replacing it with something manufactured, I.e. fake.