What Cartridge sings on your Origin Live (Silver Mk 4) arm?

As thread title suggests....

fjn04

I have owned many OL arms including the Silver Mk 2, Encounter mk3c, and currently the Illustrious mk3c and Enterprise mk4.  I have used Lyra, Benz and many levels of Ortofon cartridges up to the Windfeld Ti.  Very different presentations but each performed well.  Currently the Windfeld Ti is on the Illustrious mk3c and the Enterprise mk4 has a Miyajima Madake mounted on a dual arm table OL table.  The OL arms will perform well with most brands of cartridges in my experience. 

Thanks drsutliff and dodgealum. I’ve read the OL Silver arm's aren't at their best with high compliance cartridges. Do you suspect there is anything to this. I’d like either my EMT 75 or Charisma 103 to work well, but if not, I’m sure I will experiment further.

The effective mass of the OL Silver mk3 is 12g.  It most likely is not a great match for a 1970s MM cartridge with a high dynamic compliance that is designed to track at 0.75g.  That cartridge would probably work best on an older Black Widow tonearm.  Most other cartridges considered medium compliance and up the OL tonearms could work very well.  There are calculators for the resonance based on the mass of the arm and cartridge (including mounting screws) that will reveal purported compatibility.  The EMT cartridges are medium compliance (around 12-15 x 10-6) and the Chrisma 103 is low compliance  (around 7 x 10-6).   The low compliance Charisma might appreciate a heavier mass tonearm, though according to Mark Baker at OL (worth reaching out to by email…) it may surprise both of us.