Ultrasonic record cleaners

I have a modest lp collection, mixed bag of original college age purchases, used records before the current renewed interest, and some newer albums to replace some older issues from the p mount needle days.  Have a vpi 16 machine and audio intelligent form 6 fluid. I’m not finding a significant improvement on my noisier issues.  The price of ultrasonic cleaners have come down to a price I would consider.  Appreciate the experiences of those who have purchased the ultrasonic machines, are they superior to my vpi and are the less expensive models effective?

TIA

tennisdoc56

@jnovak not true but you can think that. The cheap stuff on Amazon yes I will give you that those are made in the PRC. 

Degritter, nope, Kirmuss nope. Audio Desk nope. 

I was referring to the ultrasonic tank type. I know the others are made here. They do look appealing but the price???

Actually most are made in the EU. 

Like I said I will give you the cheap Amazon stuff. I have one of the cheap ones from Amazon and a Kirmuss and the cheap one I use to do an initial cleaning when buying a batch of used records. I can give 6 of them a bath after cleaning the surface with surfactant and a shaving brush. Then I give them another more through cleaning in the Kirmuss. 

Rather deal with Amazon then if I have an issue I have recourse as apposed to dealing with a vendor in the PRC. 

I bought the Humming guru ($400) direct from the South Korean company, for my Nephew. No scientific data, but it cleaned and dried pretty well.

I would keep the VPI you have for dirty records, and run them through the Humming Guru after the VPI.

I use an AudioDesk and it’s OK overall.

I find proper record cleaning is just about the biggest upgrade I’ve ever experienced. What good is a decent table and a lovely cartridge if the record is dirty? I am constantly surprised at how quiet—often silent—a record can be despite age and heavy use. I’ve a few from the sixties that I know were played often on a crappy Philips record player with a ceramic cartridge, and on everything I’ve owned since, and they are still silent!

Most of my cleaning has been with a point-source vacuum, the Loricraft PRC-4 Deluxe, and having added a Degritter, I think I’m getting things as clean as I can with little effort. Everything goes through the PRC-4 with a homemade mixture of detergent (currently L’Art du Son), IPA and DW, then into the Degritter for a ’Heavy’ clean with their own solution, and it gets placed in a new inner sleeve. Using the Loricraft first saves the tank of Degritter fluid from getting gross contamination (it is re-used for 30 disks). Furutech Destat III and a blower brush before playing, but nothing touches the record, other than air and ions. After about half a dozen plays, it goes back through the Degritter, but I don’t repeat the Loricraft unless I hear any surface noise, in which case it gets a long visit with AI Enzymatic solution before going in the Degritter again. Styluses are cleaned with a dry carbon fibre brush.

If I could have only one of those machines it would be the Degritter. If the only option were a 60kHz U/S machine, I’d prefer the Loricraft. The extra energy and the smaller size of cavitation bubbles makes the difference that justifies the Degritter’s price until someone else makes a 120kHz/300W for less money!