Field coil dava cartridge

I have been hearing great things about the dava field coil cartridge with the tube power supply. I am only able to read a few reviews on them. The reviews seem all positive and the designer Darius seems to be a very approachable person . I would like to hear opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of the cartridge. Especially comparison with the Lyra atlas sl which is my current cartridge.

thanks in advance.

newtoncr

@bonzo75 I was also pleased to encounter your report.

It is offering a content that is unusual in this section of the forum, and a very welcome 'reference post' for when discussions are in place about obscure analogue replay ancillaries.

I like the 'to the point' preference being made known for an item, it certainly makes such an item 'Pop' in appeal and generate an interest.

Gon is screaming out for content like yours, especially supported by broad experiences of ancillaries that surface on regular occasion.

I'm sure the bounce back in communication would be very attractive from the Bulk of contributors.

I will hopefully stumble on a few more posts from yourself, now you are back using the Keyboard with Gon' in your sights.

Dear @bonzo75 : Good to see you posting in this forum.

You are a first rate listener reviewer and way better than some of the " professionals ".

I said " listener " because now I know that you post exactly what you listened and that’s all.

It was unfortunated for me and now I can see that for you too my post in your blog and my attitude was and is not diminished nothing and that statement you posted:

" (DaVa ticks most of the boxes) ". I was think that was posted by newton who shared the blog link.

Your traget is very clear from what you posted by your visit at Mike home place.

My room/system targets are different because I want that my listening sessions stay " truer to the recording " ( what is an impossible target to be achieved. ) or at least nearer to and everything the same my common sense tells me I will be nearer too the live MUSIC ( even if that " nearer " is really far away from there. ).

I like to mantain my room/system LP/Digital MUSIC reproduction with any kind of " colorations " at minimum. I like the natural color, power, transients speed, dynamic, rythm and the like of live MUSIC seated at nearfield position where between you and the MUSIC sources exist only the AIR.

Not only me but at least other two gentlemans disregarded the Dava cartridge that came at this forum and wbf with out any single spec and two weeks ago a gentleman ( not the manufacturer. ) shared a terrible FR cartridge deviations but not shares the cartridge compliance.

I posted about the Top Wing cartridges looking for opinions in this forum ( other that the reviews. ) an you can read there that at once at least 3 gentlemans disregarded as me too.

Why disregarded with out listen the Dava or the Top Wing? because if my target meaning is " neutral "/low colorations the Dava spec can’t do it and the EMIA phono+SUT and LFD+Dongle can’t do it neither.

So, the main issue is that each one of us have room/system personal/unique targets.

In my case I have no single reason to try diminish any other gentleman opinion and something through my posts is that always try to explain the foundations of my opinions with out telling that I’m rigth and you are wrong.

Agon is not a easy forum because some us like to achieve a " good " balance between subjectivity and objectivity that’s not achieved all the time: hard task for us that try to post with that balance/equilibrium.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,

R.

@rauliruegas 

Your insight into cartridges and analyzing them are very much appreciated.

I look forward to reading them …

Interacting in these forums is excellent for us as we pursue the holy grail of music and learn from each other . 

Dear @newtoncr  : From several years nowI don't only like the SME 30 but I recomended along your V tonearm that I owned.

Now, if it's true that the Kondo silver wires are and have top quality performance the silver internal V wires are really good and perhaps the lower capacitance internal silver wires.

Now, Audio Note UK started there with on sale the AN Kondo audio items and latter on no more Kondo from Japan but they knew everything about Kondo designs and build quality and parts devices and talking of tonearm rewiring the ones by AN UK are second to none and " inexpensive " against the Kondo ones. You can read here about and I can tell you too that its IC cables are first rate too:

audionote.co.uk/wires

I own those wires and fulfill my targets. Many times wires and IC cables are system dependent but these silver rewiring Audio Note are not.

Btw, Lyra is one of my high always welcomed cartridge but the Olympos that as his designer posted time ago is " colored ".

In this forum there are several audiophiles that like Lyra and Ortofon too, me between them, and @mijostyn  just bougth the new MC diamond but before he decided for the MC Diamond he was behind the Verissimo and not only he and me but other gentlemans would like to know your first hand experiences with. Of course that that is appreciated.

R.

@rauliruegas IMO for my taste , the Lyra was a clear winner over the ortofon verisimo. Music had more layers , more detail , much larger soundstage and much more dynamics. The verisimo was softer and much smaller( the sound stage ) and lacked the various hues and layers the Lyra revealed . The Lyra sounded more like my reel tape machine  playing 1/2” dubs at 30ips.