Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@fleschler 

My opinion has no validity without measurements.  

What?  I didn't ask you to measure anything.  I asked you to listen only with your ears.  And not with your eyes. 

I have repeated over and over again that listening tests are the gold standard over measurements.  You have spent a ton of time here posting.  In that much time you could have conducted many blind tests showing us how  your ears correctly identify one cable vs another.

As for my example, it was a concrete data point.  As I keep saying, we are fans of what we can prove and demonstrate, not just claim.  Will you follow or are folks supposed to believe an online person because he just says so? 

@fleschler 

And here's a guy who can't hear differences in cables. 

With my eyes open like you, and full of preconceptions, I hear the difference every day of the week and twice on Sunday!  I report the same in my reviews.  Problem is, when I close my eyes, the difference vanishes like a fart in the wind.  And that is what happened to Mike in that test.  So it doesn't matter which school of thought you arrive from.  Use only your ears and then conclusions are something we can talk about.  

Remember, there is a cost to you what you believe in.  Such fancy cables cost money that could be put to other use like buying more music, good food, etc.  So you best be sure when you insist that you are right.  Repeating misconceptions about me won't get you there.

@cindyment ​​​​​​@crymeanaudioriver  or your other 19 usernames. You are the Tick carrying Lyme Disease to forums. The rat that carries the plague. 

@Amir Keep your fans on ASR.  Can't hear differences in cables that measure the same=something is very wrong here.  One doesn't have to believe any online person; however, based on the enormous "subjectivist" opinions, people actually do hear differences, right or wrong, personal preferences included, regardless of measurements and decide to what sounds best to them, in a system, in a room.  Nothing you say will change that.  Your advice based on measurements is not something audiophiles/music lovers agree on because, apparently, they choose wrongly, equipment that doesn't measure up to your standards or is too expensive.  I listen in the dark with all lights off when I want to immerse myself in the music, just like a movie theater.  I don't see differences in sound, I hear them.  

Dismissive of older equipment not measuring as well as cheap current equipment is as wrong as dismissing older recordings because they used older technology with distortions and reduced resolution, etc. of tape versus superior hi-res digital.  

You think you are superior to nearly everyone who posts on Audiogon because your opinion is based on measurements (except when you don't find a measurable difference ala cables, tweaks, etc).  The overwhelming majority do not think so.  I am just one music lover with recording/performing experience and a high end audio reproduction system.      

I found this quite interesting and it appears the folks over at this site do quite a bit of testing. They seem to be very transparent about their test equipment, methodology and end goals in testing. They even make a statement as such.

@amir_asr what say you? I do not go on your site very often as the equipment you test is not of any interest to me. The question is are you as transparent in your net goals and testing criteria?