Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

Showing 28 responses by jerryg123

Simply do not believe a thing from Amir and his minions. No I do not own AQ speaker cables.

ASR is a clown car posse. 

What is the relevance of those Pink Panther figurine's on the ASR site? 

This says a lot about these ASR people.

A pole rating a pair of Vandersteen speakers and none of these people have listened to them. Pure Subjective Opinion based on measurement’s by a _____.

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review | Page 15 | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

@noske green is not a good color for you. She is a Music major and a gifted Flautist.

So you are what a shepherd? 

You have lost it!! No idea who your nemeses are but you need to spend more time in counseling. 

Wow crazy town here. 

Agree ASR is all about the inexpensive gear. Attention K-Mart shoppers under the blue light is a Topping DAC. 

@noske You were never my friend and Topping crap would not even be in my daughters dorm room. She has a Simaudio ACE.

@noske she is a genius and only 16 and in her second year at Northwestern so yes she deserves an Ace. 

Oh and she has a full scholarship. 

Oh my @noske must be a lonely place you’re in. Good luck and I hope you can fill that void. 

I really meant that. So long. 

Okay so whatever you say.

And please go spend some time with your  therapy critter. 

@noske What I may lack in youthful exuberance and naivety, I make up for in wisdom and treachery. 

So buying cheap garbage that Amir (an old fart himself) is a badge of honor. Guess I will stay over here with the old guys that have disposable income and buy top shelf European and North American Class D Amplification that you can not afford. Clearly as you are complaining about a $750.00 CCP made DAC.

BTW bet my 5K time is lower than yours. 

Just like ASR.

Sure, people dare voice views you don't share and they must be ignored and called "trolls."

He maybe selling them? 

I am not sure what benefit he is getting from owning 20, <$1,000 DACs? 

Not what this thread is about Mr Jones. Never was. I own several Class D amplifiers. This was about Amir and ASR.

Some of you need to climb out of your bubble. It's a whole new world out there. European companies large and small are pushing the envelope especially in speaker design, class D amps, active DSP controlled full systems

NAD is effectively a Chinese company with Banking in Canada.

Great many EU companies still making Tube, A/B amplification that is highly regraded.

The dinosaur wont die and they still sound GREAT! No matter what the crybabies and Amir say. Oops, Amir only measures never listens. 

I think they are effectively Canadian now

So one example is a scientific result?

Thought the net result had to be repeatable, verifiable. 

I can tell the difference in the 6 amplifiers I own and the speakers, blind tested and verified by my cat. 

There was a head phone amplifier reviewer on Youtube, somewhat respected, that claimed with 100% certainty he could tell two amplifiers apart. Someone challenged and he took up the challenge. I applaud his willingness to be public about the result. The result? In a blind test, he could not tell the amplifiers apart. Not at all.

I found this quite interesting and it appears the folks over at this site do quite a bit of testing. They seem to be very transparent about their test equipment, methodology and end goals in testing. They even make a statement as such.

@amir_asr what say you? I do not go on your site very often as the equipment you test is not of any interest to me. The question is are you as transparent in your net goals and testing criteria?

@amir_asr I find it interesting that these Dutch lads could do speaker cable tests, find measurable differences and on the subjective side hear the difference in the various speaker cables.

May need to use your translation features for some of the pages.

Interesting these guys are testing some very nice gear. And do blind testing what ever your name is @crymeanaudioriver 

@crymeanaudioriver as nonoise said you do dance on a pin head and that makes you.

Let the man speak for himself. No one here cares what you think.

You are the Deer Tick of the forums. (not my words but appropriate) 

Are you @amir_asr internet bodyguard? 

19 user names? 

As I said @amir_asr what say you? I do not go on your site very often as the equipment you test is not of any interest to me

@crymeanaudioriver and yet ASR is not doing any blind tests.

I will say the arrogance and condescending attitudes reflected by you @amir_asr @prof I would not take advise from any of you, nor will I ever look at the ASR site. Mostly because the equipment being tested is low scale and not my, well thing. I do not shop at Best Buy.

I also find the entire ASR crowd quite offensive and see why you fit right is over there.

Why don't you saunter on back. 

I am no expert and I do use some measurements as a baseline however what you and your ilk miss is that audio like most luxury items are also an emotional purchase. No one here at this forum is saying measurement do not have a place but it is only one leg in the triangle it is not the final chapter. The system and how it sounds is the sum of all the parts, that is the ultimate test and I have not seen a test by Amir of a complete system Pre, Amp, DAC, Cables, Source. Think those Dutch boys have though.  

So I am going to leave you and Amir Army to it. You have done nothing but make the divide even greater amongst the camps here. Arrogance and conceit are not going to sway minds nor opinions.  I will leave you and your 19 users names to argue among yourselves.  

Time to listen to some music as that is what this is all about. 

@crymeanaudioriver I am not the one who claims to be an expert. Nor do I purport to be an expert with a web site named Audio Science Review. I simply shared information from the those Dutch fellas. 

So please do not tag me again as it has pointed out the emperor has no clothes. 

@amir_asr makes a lot of assumptions. Assuming what ones ideas on audio are. Amir I for one will never point a browser at your site nor click on a link you post.

You can assume I am not interested in your findings on audio equipment I have zero interest in. You are correct you are not a scientist nor an engineer. Nor are you a professional reviewer, you are average joe with some software and that is it.

No need to respond as someone here said you monkeys will respond I could care even less about there opinions.