Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@ghasley , I love your analogy, we are "invading", good one. Uhhhh.. who is invading who?? This is a discussion among hobbyists, about a common interest. I am asking a question about professionalism, courtesy, and opening a discourse. Your point is extremely well taken that although Audiogon welcomes different opinions Amir is free to come here and express himself and then shut down and censor the same posts on his own site

The claim prove a negative is itself a negative claim and a self defeating statement. Imagine someone color blind arguing there is no such thing as a green light on traffic signals when the one they're arguing with rejects evidence and science that proves color blindness exists,  so to them there are no green lights anywhere. 

@tonywinga  I love your analogy of a color blind man not seeing green traffic lights.  If it weren't for their usual location at the top of the signal, he would be a danger on the road.  That's Amir. 

@Amir My tests are extensive and include measuring the output of audio devices to see if the waveform has changed at all.  I recently started to play music through them and perform null tests showing the cable made no contributions whatsoever.

Reports like yours persist not because the facts are different, but that you think listening with your eyes wide open is the same as doing so without them.  Until such time that you can provide reliable evidence of sound only, what you are saying has no value

HA HA HA!!!  He started to play music through them (I bet they weren't the digital cables I've tried and use) and couldn't find any contribution.  Hence, what I say have no value.  That's both stupid and funny.  I can't hear.  My opinion has no validity without measurements.  And here's a guy who can't hear differences in cables.  He obviously has a defective ear(s)/brain, really bad audio equipment/cables/system or listening capability.   I struck out your opinion because that's what I think of it and so does 90+% of this forums members think of it (ASR members posting negative opinions here make up most of the rest).  You have a tin ear!  Digital cables all sound the same-what a rube!

This has all gotten so booorrriiinnnggg.

Please go back to your sandbox, to which I hope is filled with quicksand. 

Time to shut this pig down.  

He obviously has a defective ear(s)/brain, really bad audio equipment/cables/system or listening capability. 

That is 4 cliches in one sentence. That is not something one should be proud of.