Bluesound node + INNUOS PHOENIX USB? 

I have a Michi X3 with a Bluesound 2i and have been looking at a streamer update for a while.  In the narrow selection are : 

Auralic Aries g2.1 or 
Innuos Pulse (no remote control, not yet available?) 

From the features I'm excited about Bluesound, do I get the same quality as the above products with a new Bluesound + a USB Reclocker? 

Glad to hear your opinion, thanks. 
Thomas 

tfeldhaus

+1 @glennewdick reference upgrading the DAC, also you can upgrade the node with an outboard linear power supply. This will really elevate your streamer. 

C658 had too much under the hood ! Just ditched my NAD C658 after a week of ownership being it was so buggy requiring numerous factory resets to unfreeze the unit. Heck, spent more time fussing with the thing than listening. Until the Mfg’s stop trying to be more profitable by jamming all this stuff in to one chassis with the barest of power supply’s with app’s they expect you to be their beta tester on, these “all-in-ones” are just going to be commodity / mass market items fighting for retail space on the shelves of Best Buy and the likes..

Tfeldhaus,

No experience with your current equipment, but the following is working really well for me.

Network switch - Supra Cat-8 Ethernet cable - Bluesound Node (latest 130 version) - Supra Excalibur USB cable - Denafrips Iris DDC - Audioquest Vodka HDMI for I2S - Denafrips Pontus II DAC

The answer to your question is No you will not get better sound quality putting a $3k reclocker on a $500 streamer.  

The Bluesound with an upgraded power supply is very good.  It is about $150 from Pd Creative and easy to install.  Also an EMI/RF filter of some sort.  I  bought $50 ones and was amazed.  Network Acoustics Eno also gets great reviews. Several varieties available. Bluesound support is sketchy.  Lots of them out there, not enough people to support. The upgrade I have improved reliability.