Roger Waters Live Last Night in Glendale,AZ

My first concert in a while. Last was Sia. 

Roger has a message for his audience

that comes with the music. Somewhat off-putting

I must say. I went for music not politics. Not saying

I totally disagree with his. F-bombs galore. All our presidents

past and current are mass murderers. Could be a bit strong.

He is 79 and British.  Has some fun stories. I can live without

the other messages though. Is this messaging common nowadays?

128x128jeffseight

He obviously has unpopular opinions which I disagree with, and it costs him big time. I sam him a couple months ago and was able to get excellent seats for a very reasonable price. I don't think it was close to a sell out. If he kept his mouth shut, he would have made way more money and sold more tix at higher prices and more  tshirts. He doesn't need the money and wants to perform and spew his crap. His banter with the audience was very cordial.

I have seen him a few times and the shows are among the best I've seen. I ignore the political BS. Like all else, some of it is true (a small part).

People who have reached the pinnacle of being wealthy and famous often have an expanded, and oftentimes overinflated, view of their impact on the world outside of their profession. They also have the choice of being "uniters" or "dividers". While they certainly have no professional or moral obligation to be "uniters", their actions are often disruptive, and (intentionally, or unintentionally) cause division.

There is a fine line between being a successful individual who energetically inserts their viewpoints into a venue of admirers, and textbook narcissism. I don’t believe in absolutes and understand the unavoidable consequences of gray areas. Particularly in human emotional and intellectual interactions. So, do we grant creative individuals who have had an enduring impact on our culture more freedom than the "average Joe on the street" to express themselves in the professional environment, and give them a pass even when they’re being cruel and insensitive to their "customers", or when those comments are incoherent, irrational, or untrue? Maybe so.

There are a lot of exceptionally brilliant, sane individuals who have a lot to say, can change the world for the better, and will never have the platform to say it. Or, if they do, they’ll be looking for a career change after they get cancelled, or fired. They’ve not quite reached celebrity status so their voices are muted.  Or worse.

Actually his opinions is are not unpopular, otherwise there would be zero people at his shows.

With regard to him not having them in Poland, that was not his decision, that is not why they were cancelled.

As for the ’everybody go home, nothing to see here’ statement about alternative news sources, that’s just arm waving with empty projections.

The lame-stream media, as it is more properly known, is monolithic in it’s positon which means it is psychotically aligned and lock step with politics which is literally impossible in a real world and world of free press (see the history of your own US media for that) unless the situation is fascist and moving in on true totalitarianism.

The attacks on waters here, all while pretending to be humane and easy going... are getting into real scary areas of being misinformed, and a desperation to hold onto a world position, that is in the final stages of complete dismemberment. One where it is about to talk and walk itself off a cliff.

Where it is doing everything in it’s power to take the rest of us with it, through it’s desires for total control of the situation and the desire to get exactly what it wants.

I for one, quite correctly strongly disagree with that position and I stand against it, again, quite correctly - with all the force my life can muster.

I’m not American and I don’t suffer the deeply misinformed outsized stuffed chest Stockholm syndrome I see here in this thread.

The petrodollar is now the walking dead.. and you better figure that out fast, as that thing is getting world threateningly dangerous in it’s death throes.

the Cuban missile crisis was no where near as critical and dangerous as this situation is now.

Yet, americans are going about their lives as if nothing is going on, as the media and the politics are not letting them know how desperate things are.

Why is that? Why would one’s own politicians, corporate media, and military not let the people know what is really going on, and how dangerous what they are doing -- really is?

If one is reading this post and is angry with me on some level (apologies, I care about you and your children, that's why I'm speaking), well, I expect that within two weeks your position on all of this will change in some way, possibly in a fundamental way. That is, if we manage to last two weeks without a major incident..

ie, France is on the verge of giving up entirely on the G7 (massive protests have begun), Bulgaria has given up on it or is in the process of giving up on sanctions, and there’s more. Much much more.

The kind of stuff that US mainstream media is not going to ever cover. Europe is not really interested, any more, in being that college kid on the escalator in total recall, for the us controlled NATO. But don’t worry, your media will spin it into looking like something else.

Two points I'd like to make.

1. Overusing the F word and playing bad music and singing off key is not edgy or artistic.

2. The US - Europe relationship bears no resemblance to the clip from Total Recall.  Does anyone think that Stalin would have stopped the Red Army at Berlin if it hadn't come face to face with the US Army?  If the US Army had gone home the summer of 1945, all of Europe, including the UK, would still be part of the Soviet Union.  If the US ever stopped providing security for Europe, Europe would revert to the old rivalries and Russia would expand westward.  

Sorry to take this further off topic, but I had to get those two opinions out.