Thoughts about the "Cheapaudioman" on YouTube

This gentleman has stirred up some controversy in the audio world over on YouTube. I personally, find him very interesting.  What are your thoughts?

mr_m

"This gentleman has stirred up some controversy..."

What is the controversy that he has stirred up?

@musicpod 

That was more tongue-in-cheek on my part. I think the audio snobs out there believe he can't possibly have anything to offer the hifi enthusiasts or newbies with the caliber of equipment he chooses to review.

I think that could be considered a controversy. 

In all honesty, Randy has surpassed 100,000 Subscribers in just over a year of being a YouTuber. Ron helped him out A LOT in the beginning and they are still friends. Ron’s helped my channel too when he was still here in AZ.

I don’t like how he pedals all that cheap Chi-Fi crap but sadly, there’s a huge untapped (until Randy’s channel happened) market out there for all that Shyte.

I do watch his channel for entertainment purposes only. But never take anything he says with a grain of salt. He works hard to promote his channel and the Video quality and the YT click bait preview gifs (which I hate on all YT channels BTW) obviously work for him.

My own YT channel has been up since May 2019 and will probably (hopefully) crack 1000 Subscribers by the years end. I don’t take my Channel seriously and make no money from it. But I have a following however small it is. I charge no money for “advice” and peed off the Deer Creek folk by giving away my miniDSP files for Series 1 & 2 Bose 901’s. Where they are charging serious money for an unadjustable miniDSP box. Not cool. People have bought stuff based off of my reviews which scares the crap out of me. But they are happy with their purchases while I make no money off of it.

I am a self proclaimed Schill for Orchard Audio and don’t hide that fact. I believe my system has finally reached “Reference” level and friends come over and enjoy it.

“Joey G’s Audio Channel”. I curse A LOT on it. So don’t say I didn’t warn ya ! 😂.

Cheers,

Joe

I moved on from him and OCD Mikey very quickly. Both can be entertaining, but   Their schtick got old really fast.