Thoughts about the "Cheapaudioman" on YouTube

This gentleman has stirred up some controversy in the audio world over on YouTube. I personally, find him very interesting.  What are your thoughts?

mr_m

There’s a lot of the fallacy that more expensive = better in this thread, to no one’s surprise.

I like that he frequently emphasizes that to "his ears" something sounds good or bad. Too many reviewers seem to think they if they like something, you should too, and that’s not the case.

His channel is great for those who don’t have much money for stuff or people new to the hobby. I say good for him, keep it up, and disregard the "audiophile" snobs.

Mr. Randall Messman, cheapman audio, is a hard working fellow who has a passion for his work-Building his youtube following. Morphed from an original max of $600 MSRP to who knows what now, he works the system and provides info to those who someday may move up the chain. If you missed his first video-done in tandem with Ron of New Record Day- you have something pretty hilarious awaiting you. Now Ron has faded as Randall has ascended. 

Cheapaudioman is very entertaining but he does push a lot of garbage which I feel is a disservice to those who are working with a tight budget.

@jeffseight
Something about that dude Ron’s vibe completely turns me off

+1 @jeffseight 

I support Randy. He is honest and hard working. He may wind up reviewing higher end stuff as time passes.  I don't buy entry gear so his advice isn't stuff I would buy but he is HONEST.  I find that a great virtue these days. He is also entertaining.

Best

JH

jl1ny,

You are a perceptive fellow. Ron made some bad choices which continue

to haunt him. I won't go into details.