Right match

I had m8s500 power amplifier I bought m8 preamp the sound is horrible I thought it was the right match what preamp can I buy to match the amp.i had it connected to an integrated amp and the difference was huge but im looking for the right preamp to match the m8s500 power amp

Thks

rucan65

Unless there is something not working properly in the preamp or amp, you'd have to assume that two Musical Fidelity products of the same product line should work fine together.  You might want to try the MM/MC switch to see if it makes an improvement (but keep the volume down to start).  It would probably help to know the make and model of your cartridge, and whether you're running balanced or RCA interconnects.  Have you tried the preamp with a CD player or other, non-turntable, source to see if the problem exists for that source?

That's what I been using mark levinson cd it might same branch the amp and the preamp but something is wrong have to turn the volume to 80 db very loud to appreciate the music with distortion I might return the preamp

Also I want to add this only have 6 hours of break in time but I heard some people said that power smp and preamp don't need break in time like speakers that need around 500 hours.Can that be the issue is to soon just 6 hours of burn in time 

Also I want to add this only have 6 hours of break in time but I heard some people said that power smp and preamp don't need break in time like speakers that need around 500 hours.Can that be the issue is to soon just 6 hours of burn in time

No…
it should not sound bad by default at the start.
Something is jacked up.
Pre or, cables,

Sounds like the problem is in the preamp, then, or maybe the connections.  I'd ask my dealer for help first before returning it.