suggestion for replacing Totem Arro

I have been very happy with a pair of Totem Arro speakers for my living room setup, but a recent addition to the family is making placement a bit more complicated and has us a bit concerned about our baby knocking them over.

I'm looking for suggestions on a speaker that might replace these. I think I'd be better off with a monitor/bookshelf speaker and something that is relatively flexible in its placement (literally on a shelf perhaps, or if not, placed somewhat close to the wall). I really love the Arro's imaging and sound quality and I know I'm not likely to find something exactly like them, but would love some suggestions on speakers that might be as enjoyable to listen to for someone who likes the Arro.

For reference, my source is usually vinyl on a Music Hall MMF5 though an all class A amp/preamp (Forte pre and monarchy sm-70 amp). so something that does well with that. I'd also be interested in suggestions for monitor/sub combos in lieu of a straight pair of speakers. i'd like to keep around or under the price range of the Arro.
128x128pablodeocampo
It is intuitive that ALL speaker recomendations in this forum have a bias injected by the writer.

I also had ARROs and Forests in a prior system so I know them very well.

That in mind, may I recommend STEREOTIMES review of REGA R1 bookshelves (I also had them in a prior B system)
http://www.stereotimes.com/speak121305.shtml
REGA R1s - a New Budget Reference

alt#2: if you are actively looking for superior imaging you may wish to audition the TANNOY REVOLUTION DC6 monitors (I currently have them in my B system and I am a BIG REGA fan)
IMO these will take on your ARROs anytime.
5 Star rating at WHAT HI-FI
http://www.whathifi.com/review/revolution-dc6
riffer, thanks for the idea on the stands. i hadn't thought to go that route! do they really make them that much more steady?

Akg_ca, do the tannoy's or the rega's perform well with a wall close behind them?
They haven't toppled since. I've also reduced the size of my fat arse, which has helped as well :)

It might be worth the experience of trying. It's certainly less expensive and less hassle than switching speakers.

I don't know if they could take a full hit from a little kid though. My niece and nephew were trained to stay away from the stereo when they were that age.
Well, lets see how the stand idea holds up with the other half. admittedly, as much as I didn't want to part with those guys, I was also sort of hoping for the chance to try something new out! :)
Pablo - my 2 cents. If the stands don't work, put the Arros in a closet for the time being . Buy something more kid-friendly to try. Sell the Arros if you no longer feel the need after you had the the kid-friendly option for a while. (Riffer - I'm thinking I like the look of your stands more than the Soundcity outriggers - nice job!).

Full disclosure statement - I am a Totem Forest owner (but not a dealer ;-)