Bookshelf speakers that renders 3D soundstage

Recently I am on a quest to find a pair of bookshelf speakers under $2k that will render 3D soundstage.  The soundstage does not need to be much wider than the speakers that are approximately 7-8 ft apart but, within the soundstage, I am particularly looking for the decent depth, focus image and pinpoint instrument/vocal separation.  The other sound trait I am particularly looking for is the nimble, agile bass that could go down to around 45 Hz -3dB.  The pairing amplification is going to be Parasound A23.  If you have experienced / auditioned that, please let me know.

lanx0003

Here's another direction

I built these and love them

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/BOOKSHELF-3WC.htm

Took some time, but they are everything I want in a bookshelf system, detailed, fills the room with music, and on and on.

Again, thank you everyone taking your time to provide me valuable inputs. Really appreicated. The BMR Monitors seem to be one of the faves but the coveat of glare around 2 kHz and the compression / wide radiation traits mentioned by Erin bothers me a bit. In addition, I am also looking at both highly raved S400 Mk ii and S300 Mk ii from Buchardt as mentioned by @vthokie83. The company also announces a more affordable new addition, P300, that is essentially a stripped down version of S400 Mk ii with less quality x’over and half warranty period (5 yrs). Since no reviews are available, I am hesitated to act in good faith. Plan to order both BMR and Buchardt for home auditioning and pick one.

@lanx0003 sounds like a plan. I have heard both speakers. IMHO the BMR crushes the S400 which is a competnet but kind of boring speaker. Our club just did a standmount speaker event with 17 speakers under $3k. Among them were the BMR, S400, Falcon Q7, GR Xls-Encore, and many more. Around 130 people attended.

The BMR was by far the overwhelming fav of the event. The KEF R3 and ATC SCM-11 were also up there by most folks assessments. You’ve really got to hear for yourself but it wouldn’t hurt to audition some of these speakers if you have time.

Wish I were there.  I kind of felt the same way for S400 too but was not sure to give it a try.  I think I could probably rule it out now.  Was interested in ATC but there is no dealer here in the south Florida.  I guess one at a time now.  Dennis said he will give 14 days for trial.  Just need to pay for the shipping back if not working out.

The best speakers for imaging and sound stage are the ones with the best driver integration and coherence- in other words both drivers blend together seamlessly in their crossover region and truly sound like a point source.  

Anything made by KEF would work well if you like their tonal balance.

The option I prefer would be the Falcon Acoustics of MoFi LS3/5a monitors.