Bookshelf speakers that renders 3D soundstage

Recently I am on a quest to find a pair of bookshelf speakers under $2k that will render 3D soundstage.  The soundstage does not need to be much wider than the speakers that are approximately 7-8 ft apart but, within the soundstage, I am particularly looking for the decent depth, focus image and pinpoint instrument/vocal separation.  The other sound trait I am particularly looking for is the nimble, agile bass that could go down to around 45 Hz -3dB.  The pairing amplification is going to be Parasound A23.  If you have experienced / auditioned that, please let me know.

lanx0003

@tomcarr @onhwy61

I understand the speaker set up, placement and room treatment are important. I have been experimenting those in the past and was able to achieve / preserve resonably good SS with my current speakers when the recordings have those elements. However, recently I acquire a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.2 and I found they could render much more SS depth and instrument separation than my current bookshelfs. I was able to hear the nuance I was not getting before.

The only two areas leaving room for my desire for the Evo are (1) more dynamics and (2) the lower end (54 Hz -3dB). I need to apply EQ and boost +4-5 dB in the 40-80 Hz for my satisfaction. I maintain 3 ft to both side and front walls to avoid early reflection. As such I do not wish to place the speakers any closer (which I have done) to acquire more room gain for the lower end. I like the Evo 3D SS presentation but wish it a more allrounder in term of frequency response in the low end. After the experience with Evo, I was convinced speaker itself could be capable of rendering 3D presentation beyond the room control factors.  That is why I am asking the question.  

Fair enough, now that you have  the room and setup right, then I also agree that different gear will yield different results. I hope you find the sound you're seeking.

It's wonderful when you get it!

Tom