Power Cables - Stock vs. Budget

Considering upgrading my stock power cords, but my budget is limited to the $150 - $175 range (4' minimum) per cord. At that price level, will I notice any real discernable difference?  Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

gnoworyta

@gnoworyta Yes, I believe upgraded power cords will make a positive improvement in your system. Within your price range I suggest the following, If and when you have additional funds you cam move up their power cord line to the more expensive ones if you find a need to:

"Considering upgrading my stock power cords"

is there any specific problem, you’ve identified, with stock cables? 

@westcoastaudiophile:

No specific issue with my stock cords. Just seeking to maximize my system's potential without a large $$ outlay...

When it comes to bang for the buck power related upgrades my experience was the wall socket was HUGE and less than $100. I am sure the increase in SQ was much more than the $99 invested. For power cords I have tried them in ranges from $39 (Signal brand "magic cable) to $1000 (Virtual Dynamic Nite). My favorite power conditioner has been those offered by Black Lion Audio both for features and SQ. All of these were incremental improvements. The one power product that is a knock out has been the QRT/Add-POWR products which are unique. Add-Powr is frequently on sale on A'gon and the website is here:

I know your budget is strained, I would suggest Cullen Cables or Pangea Audio as great values and high performance……Pangea only use the Cardas copper models, can find at Audio Advisors 

when funds permit, add a dedicated 20AMP circuit ($200 to $300), and a high quality plug $100? That made a much greater improvement, and improved further the cable upgrades