Temporary Down Sizing - Integrated Amp Recommendations

Moving into a small condo, as I need to take care of my parents for a few years, so my reference system is being put in storage.

My current reference system is:

• T+A PA3100HV integrated Amp
  • T+A CRITERION TCD 110 S Floor-standing speakers
  • Cary Audio DMS 700 Digital Source & DAC
  • Clear Audio Ovation Turntable

The new system will perform double duty for both music and two channel cinema - (no more surround sound equipment either - ugh).

Because of the limited space open floor plan of the condo (having to keep the speakers close to the front wall) and needing to create a omni-directional sound stage - appealing to a wider listening group, I have decided to go with Ohm Tall 1000 speakers. I will also keep my Cary Audio DMS 700 as my digital music/NAS/ Streaming source & and use it’s DAC for ingesting the digital audio from the video feeds into the system.

For the amp - based on the decor (read wife) I’ve decided to go with a bit of vintage look, UV meters, on the integrated amp - which will be displayed as a center piece on the entertain console under the TV.

With a budget up to ~$3k I have been thinking about:

• Yamaha A-S2200
  • Luxman L-505uXII
  • Vincent Audio SV-228 hybrid

Since I don’t need any digital capability the Yamaha and Luxman are very appealing, but I am a bit concerned with the reviews of those units and the references to those companies house sound signatures, as my T+A leans on the warm, analog side of neutral - not typically the way the Japanese brands are described as. The Vincent with a tube front end might be closer to what I am use to, but it doesn’t have balanced inputs and has a built-in DAC which I don’t need.

Long story short I would appreciate any constructive input, advise, recommendations.

josephp732

Very impressed with my new Exposure 2510.. very nice phono amp as well… took about a month for it to settle in…

If it's only temporary why spend that much $$$$$.  I use PS Audio Sprout for a small system in my office.  Nice little amp, only $700.  Probably easier to sell off when done with it.

very interesting discussion of those OHM Tall 1000’s.

audiophiliac,, search youtube for:

'Ohm Walsh 1000 Sounds Like Being There'

The chart in the video indicates low sensitivity, and various models designed primarily for room size.

2 channel, low volume, that’s one thing, but at any volume, reserve power for instantaneous peaks will be good. IOW, my little 10wpc Luxman would drive them at low volume, (like it did the Wharfedale’s 87 sensitivity) but they would be wimped out by instant needs. It definitely does a better job with my current 91 sensitivity.

My prior unsolicited advice (because you said no HT, ugh). IF you ever try to get a small 5.0 system, you will need to find inefficient center and rear. i.e. My Klipsch Center is too efficient when used with my dbx soundfield 100’s, I had to seriously cut the center signal strength in the AVR to blend decently. The Bose VCS efficiency was an easier volume match to the dbx’s efficiency. that’s why I said: Klipsch, eh.

Recently sold our house and now residing in a nice apartment. System consolidated somewhat. Recently picked up a Simaudio Moon ACE that I was really impressed with. So much so that I then turned around and upgraded to the Simaudio Moon 340i D3PX which has a DAC and phonstage built in. The first 5 watts are class A which provides me the low level listening performance I was looking for with my Dynaudio Heritage Specials.