Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

Montgomery Wards where I bought an all in one, but with separate speakers.

Then, real equipment from Sodaro's Electronics in Charleston WV.

Stereo Warehouse in San Luis Obispo. In 1974, it was JBL L100's, a Crown IC-150 preamp, and a Harman Kardon Citation 12 power amp, all for $550. My roommate was a salesman at SW and set me up with an employee 50% discount. I still own all three components.

Tech Hifi- Manhattan store- in the 40's I think. 1970's- I think either 76 or 77

House of Stein on Portage Ave. in Winnipeg, 1972. A small Sansui integrated, Dual 1210 TT and some small speakers which forgettable brand I don't recall. Before long I upgraded to some 15" Tannoys and SAE separates at my brother-in-law's urging shortly after he infected me with the incurable hi-fi bug. I don't have any of that stuff now and I haven't lived in Winnipeg for about 24 years :)