NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier: Best Amp Ever Bench Tested?!?

kuribo

Well I have had 3 and all stunk….junk.

Do have an old NAD 3020 that sounds good, not great use it at the fish camp at the Port. 

@mapman 

It’s valid to listen to something and say you didn’t like what you heard but that alone does not make it “junk”.

One needs to consider the source, as it were, and discount accordingly.

We all screen/filter our purchases, be it by cost, class, power, etc. because we can’t listen to every product on the market. Objective performance is just one possible filter

Correct, but most of us use objective performance as only one filter among many rather than using it as THE ABSOLUTE first filter.  Then, we’re also able to glean that if the vast majority of reviewers and customers say that something exhibits the sound qualities we’re looking for it’s also worth exploring even if it might not ace everything on our spec sheet wishes.  It’s just not that black and white in audio despite how much you might like it to be because there are lots of gray areas and intangibles that measurements don’t capture but that your ears might, and you’re completely closing yourself to many promising products just because they don’t hit a number on your wishlist.  As much as audio is a science it’s also an art, and the art is how the equipment ultimately matches with our tastes and unique hearing abilities that IMO cannot all be measured but must be experienced.  If you close yourself off to options because of numbers you may very well miss the art, which can make all the difference.  To me, use numbers but not exclusively — that’s how I do it. 

Exactly!

So why did you post Gene’s review?

And why is there so much of this Purfi stuff that is discounted, refurbed and sold used? Especially the NAD stuff?

D.B. I really want to know.

Gee, if you don't like Putzey amps, why the Rogue?

Oh and to answer your stupid question I did not care for the Purfi amps nor the implementation by NAD, Nord and Apollo. 

One needs to consider the source, as it were, and discount accordingly.