All in 5-6k for setup in living room...with bad acoustics

Looking for suggestions with a total spend of 5-6k (because I think deals can be had) for a living room. Room is fairly large and we often listen to the music from the kitchen. Not an ideal setup at all but the silence without music right now is killing me. Other thing is I tend to listen to music on the loud side rather than sitting down and critically listening,

I’m sensitive to compression drivers and the "harsh" highs. Unfortunately the one side of the room is sliding glass doors with curtains so I’m thinking a dome tweeter. What about something like the Magnepan speakers? I don’t think they would have the desired output but they do sound nice.  GoldenEar an option as well?

There are a lot of speakers out there for under 6k that are tempting, a few B&W’s, Ariel 7T, and my favorite is the Focal 1038be which is out of my budget currently. If I get speakers like these will a sub be required (I’m thinking yes) and what about amps, etc. Can I power these speakers with a 1k budget or am i dreaming? Typically listen to music from my Blue Node.

Asking a lot of questions here but thanks for the help.

seanile31

Here’s the solution: LARSEN (6 or 8)

Can be placed against wall, very forgiving of placement, and create a "wall of sound." Huge sweet spot, can move around the room and still get good live performance sound.

Larsen 6 review

Larsen website (model 6)

Larsen 8.2 review

I’m sensitive to compression drivers and the "harsh" highs

Well, the Magnepan LRS comes to mind. But, if you are listening loudly, then the Maggies probably aren’t your cuppa.

You mentioned a large room, how large? With kitchen?

Normally, for your budget, I would recommend the Vandersteen VLR’s, Belles Aria Integrated, and your Bluesound Node. You’d have money to put to good cables, too. Don’t let the small size fool you, they can rock- and pretty hard, too, esp. with a Sub 3. But, if your room is ’large’, floorstanders would probably be the way to go. Unfortunately, your budget will be stretched to the extreme. (Well, if you want something that sounds great).

Actually, you should PM John Rutan (@audioconnection). He would be the best person to consult, as he is not only knowledgeable, but very honest and won't try to sell you anything.

Bob

So it’s new only? You can put together a pretty kick butt system for 6k used.  New will buy you one piece of it. 

I love deals! Makes me happy lol. My favorite system cost me 2200 total and would Msrp 9k. Not real old stuff still relevant.l and very good. Newly built garage system with brand new speakers and kicks.s old Luxman amp retail 1200 ish total. Cost me 30 bucks after selling very quickly what I didn’t need. 

Definitely not a new system!  I'd go for the preowned gems found in the classified section here.  

Interest rates are up, stock market down and cash is king.  Not that 5-6k is much but I'm sure with some patience I can score a pair of nice speakers to start with for my system.