Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

@kuribo 

You were doing a poor job earlier in this thread masking your Purifi bias. Now, you have removed all doubt.

It’s true the best measurements are those done by qualified and trusted independent parties.  Maybe that will pop up somewhere soon.  Meanwhile hope to give the Atmasphere amps a listen soon maybe at CAF. 

@atmasphere 

You may have already covered these issues earlier in this thread, but could you please explain a little more about the following two issues with regard to your Class D amps?

1. I noticed that the switching frequency for your amp is 500 kHz while several other GaNFET amps use a higher switching frequency. Did you decide that 500 kHz represented a "sweet spot" for switching frequency in your design? Does the choice of higher rates have unwanted side effects that can adversely affect sound quality?

2. What factors entered into your choice of a toroidal power supply rather than a SMPS? What number and size of capacitors did you use in the power supply and how did you decide on the amount of storage needed?

Thanks for any additional info you can provide!

Post removed 
Post removed