Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores
Post removed 

By the way, I would suggest that should you wish to continue this conversation that we do it privately.

Did someone get a 2nd warning from Amin? That would explain the added sentence at the end after the original posting .

How can you begin to know what someone will prefer? How can you begin to assume that you know what "better" means to someone else?

I answered that question several times on this thread. You deny its reality and I can't help that. So let's put it a different way- It really helps to keep up on research FWIW...

And yet it’s your product and you are the one making claims about your product and not providing measurements, saying "You either accept it or you don’t- much like you might if you saw a graph on our website- which you might believe or you might not." That sounds to me like "trust me". Asking and expecting me to trust some stranger is even worse.

And it isn’t, as I have said, that I don’t trust their hearing, it’s that I don’t trust their perceptions/taste.

What is a claim I've made? Just so we're clear on this. FWIW I've not asked anyone to 'trust me'. I was pointing out with that comment that such is an issue- its one thing for a manufacturer to put up information on a website. It's quite another when someone else does it. As a result I don't see the point; we already know what the amp does. The question now is really to our customers- do they think that the amps do what we said they would? My experience of the last half century is that if they don't think so they won't be customers.

And yet it’s your product and you are the one making claims about your product and not providing measurements, saying "You either accept it or you don’t- much like you might if you saw a graph on our website- which you might believe or you might not." That sounds to me like "trust me". Asking and expecting me to trust some stranger is even worse.

And it isn’t, as I have said, that I don’t trust their hearing, it’s that I don’t trust their perceptions/taste.

Its not by job to educate although apparently I do that with all the time I spend writing... Your position seems to arise out of you don't accept that the sense's perception and taste are two entirely different things! The former is autonomic and the latter conscious. So far as your writing is concerned, you conflate the two, which is a common mistake.

Not a lot of amps with distortion 120db down that would be said to have a "design issue".

Exactly!- but I said 100dB down IIRC and I do consider that an issue. Most of the numbers guys I run into think maybe -85dB to -90dB is acceptable. I know better, but good luck trying to convince them of that! So I don't bother.

@kuribo 

You were doing a poor job earlier in this thread masking your Purifi bias. Now, you have removed all doubt.

It’s true the best measurements are those done by qualified and trusted independent parties.  Maybe that will pop up somewhere soon.  Meanwhile hope to give the Atmasphere amps a listen soon maybe at CAF.