Silver Speaker Cables

I would like to try silver speaker cables. I have always been curious as to how they would affect the sound of my system. That said, I have a very limited budget. Is there such a thing as low priced silver cables? If so, recommendations?

Thanks all!

gnoworyta

@tump350 

The silver wires did not come off as bright in my system, but rather deepened the various harmonic resonances around each note and instrument (what I believe you guys call "bloom"), deepened the sound stage and sharpened the imaging of each instrument making the recorded performance a little more musical and life-like: increasing my enjoyment of the players.

Congratulations on your successful outcome with silver cabling. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Charles 

I have burning-in a set of Bob Grost (Cerious Technologies) cables. This is Bob’s latest iteration of Graphene cables superseding the Graphene Matriix line. He is using silver conductor as the backbone and adding graphene. I have speaker, interconnect and power cables. Once they are burned-in properly I will pull them out and insert them one at a time to try and determine which cables are making the biggest impact.

The new line is called “Lumniscate” and at first after a couple hours I was floored.

KUDOS: to all those that have experimented with new and better cabling.

Trusting your own ears and abilities to discern reality are ALL it takes, to find whether or not they belong in your system.

The Church of Denyin'tology has been around for quite some time.

It's not so much that they know so little, as that: they've convinced themselves of so much that's wrong*.

I have little doubt: if more had adhered to their doctrines, through the centuries, we'd still be listening to conch shells.    Perhaps: arguing as to whether the ocean can produce a stereo image with two!

*ie (I often use these examples of those who should have know better):

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction."  (Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse , 1872) 

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon,"  (Sir John Eric Ericksen, British surgeon, appointed Surgeon-Extraordinary to Queen Victoria 1873)

"The super computer is technologically impossible.  It would take all of the water that flows over Niagara Falls to cool the heat generated by the number of vacuum tubes required." (Professor of Electrical Engineering, New York University)

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible!" (Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895)                       

"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom."  (Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize in Physics, 1923)

"Man will never reach the moon regardless of all future scientific advances." (Dr. Lee DeForest, Father of Radio & Grandfather of Television)

"The bomb will never go off.  I speak as an expert in explosives."  (Admiral William Leahy, re: US Atomic Bomb Project) 

When the steam locomotive came on the scene; the best (scientific) minds proclaimed, "The human body cannot survive speeds in excess of 35MPH."

Until recently (21st Century); and the advent of the relatively new science of Fluid Dynamics, the best (scientific) minds involved in Aerodynamics, could not fathom how a bumblebee stays aloft. 

Quite often (it seems): Science has to catch up with the facts/phenomena of Nature and/or, the realities of our universe. 

Happy listening and (as Richard Feynman would often encourage), "NEVER STOP LEARNING!"