PSB Image T6 fuzzy sound

Hello,

I just got a pair of PSB Image T6’s. I am noticing that on source material containing female vocals (Norah Jones, Feist), the high frequencies are accompanied by a fuzzy, “staticy” muddled sound. Sadly it makes the recordings pretty hard to listen to. I do not recall hearing such coloration at the store where I demo’d them (I unfortunately did not listen to the same material at the store… I plan to head back there with my discs in hand when time permits). After initially thinking I got a defective pair, I played the same material on my surrounds which are PSB Image T5’s. Interestingly enough, I heard the same coloration. Given the similarity in the sound between the two sets of speakers, I am wondering if its one of my other components. Before I go down that path and shop for and swap out cables and amps, I wanted to get some idea from those out there who have listened to these speakers. Is this fuzzy, “staticy” muddled sound a characteristic of the latest incarnation of the PSB Image line? More importantly, is there anything I can do to clear up those highs?

Thanks
Kevin

Additional Associated Equipment and Room Information:

20’ X 20’ with a 20 ft pitched ceiling at the center.
Arcam AVR 200 as Pre/Power amp
Oppo BPD 103 as CD player
Acoustic Research 6ft interconnects
10’ pair of 11 guage IXOS speaker cables.
krazeeyk
Hello limo. Thanks for the reply. From what I am able to tell, the thread is just a few days old. In fact, I was in the process of finding the second markers in the tracks to continue the discussion There are quite a few. I hope to have a proper reply tomorrow. Have you stumbled on another thread that addresses the same issue? If so, feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Kevin
Lol, so it is only a few days old! Anyways, I quite often hear a fuzziness, or crunhiness almost like distortion or what I used to think was a partially damaged tweeter. Do find some tracks and second markers. I'm interested to see if we are in fact hearing the same thing :-)
It's funny. By you writing that the thread was old, I looked at the op and immediately assumed it was from 2008. I've only had one vodka drink tonight. Maybe I should get off the Schmirnoff.
Hello B_limo,

If I may ask, what convinced you that the sound wasn't indicative of a blown tweeter? Although I did a comparison with my T5's, part of me still can't shake the idea that the tweeters are blown. It really just doesn't sound right. It may just be a matter of adjusting my expectations. I bought these with the intention for home theater.

Anyhow, here are few of the tracks and times that I noticed the high "fuzz" on. I hope you have access to some of the same CDs.

Artist Norah Jones, Album "Come Away With Me"
Track 1 "Don't Know Why"
0:10 through 0:13
0:22
0:38
0:50
1:00 through 1:04
1:10 through 1:18
Track 2 "Seven Years"
0:15
0:30
0:40
Track 3 "Cold Cold Heart"
0:23
1:07
1:10
1:22 through 1:24
1:47
2:00 through 2:11 (the whole piano part has this fuzzy hiss to it)

Artist The XX, Album "Coexist"
Track 9 "Unfold"
1:00

Artist Diana Krall, Album Live in Paris
Track 4 "The Look of Love"
0:49 through 0:51
1:22 (the "Long I've waited" part really brings out the hiss)

Artist Bic Runga, Album Drive
Track 1 "Drive"
0:41 through 0:43 (pay particular attention when she sings the word "know")
1:05 (notice the sound of the singing "feeling I guess")

Artist Coldplay, Album Parachutes
Track 1 "Don't Panic"
The chorus "we live in a beautiful world" brings out the hiss
1:20 through 1:23 (the piano part is pretty bad sounding)
1:50 through 1:54
Track 6 "Trouble"

Thanks again,
Kevin