The MoFi Mess and TAS rolling over for them

Totally disgusted with TAS opinions on the mofi mess. They're basically saying it was okay to dupe us.  Jonathan Valin actually says as long as it sounds good...

What a sell out to the audiophile community.  TAS is nothing but a glorified product catalogue for their advertisers.  

128x128cerrot

As a US distributor of high-end brands, I've personally dealt with MD, MF, JV.  I recall a wise old saying..."If you can't say something positive about someone, don't say anything".  I will say there are MANY YouTube reviewers that are quite insightful & honest and certainly worthy of consideration.

I have absolutely nothing positive to say about TAS (or by extension HiFi+) reviews.  Does that count as not saying anything?  I’ve also not seen a YouTube review that’s anywhere near what I’d call rigorous or worth a damn — ok stereonews.net being one exception, but he also does thorough print reviews so not just another cheesy YouTuber.  The rest of them?  Trailer trash showboaters that are all show and very little go.  IMHO. 

it is obvious that the thousands of vinyl reissues that are currently released each week are not pressed from master tapes but from a CD or FLAC format. Not only do you have to be a bit silly to think of vinyl as Hifi, but you have to be downright dumb to believe that vinyl makers have access to all those tapes, that they're all still in usable condition , and that they have time to produce them on vinyl at this rate with analog one-step machines (without intermediate digital copies). The whole vinyl come back is a marketing bullshit.