What are/were the best sounding cheap components you have ever had?

It is easy to like the best of the best, so to say.  However it is always satifying and memorable when an inexpensive product turns out to be very good to great. 

Some that come to mind from personal experience"

Large Advents (original)

Early Nakamichi SR receivers

Original Monster interconnects and speaker wire

Pioneer Pl-12 turntable

Shure M-95

Early Stax and Audio Technica headphones

MoFi "special" pressings

Magnum Dynalab Etude.  Yes some were better, but a real value

The Absolute Sound mag in the beginning 

Early Conrad-Johnson and Audio Research tube electronics

Early Classe integrated amps.

The original Sony Trinitrons

And there are others....but part of this hobby is enjoying the journey.

Have you had cost effective items that were successful for your enjoyment?

jusam

The BlueMeHD DAC, Shitt unpowered preamp, and 1984 Crown PS 200 amp. Under $300 for whole rat rod rig :)

Eminent Technology LFT 8 speakers. $750 a pair direct from manufacturer. They need big power so you’re gonna spend on the power amps.

Used Studer A80 two track quarter inch $2000. Back when analog tape recorders were being dumped. Prolly the price has gone up.

Around 10 years ago I bought my current Vincent SA 31MK hybrid tube preamp.  It has always been good especially when paired with the matching power amplifier the SP 331 MK. I went and bought it in a B stock sale, I was updating from my Rotel preamp in my second system .  I actually bought the SA 31 list $1399 for $699. When I got it home it was not the same as on the box. It looked slightly different and had a remote control. I thought at first is was simply a Mk 2 version however eventually I went to Vincent site and found out its a totally different amp.  The store was very local, less than 5 minutes drive. I went back and saw the young salesperson who seemed confused, however it could well have been embarrassment, he told be there were no B stock SA 31 MK's and  A stock was $1699. I said what should I do.  He went out the back, returned and  said it's the last one we are not a dealer anymore, it's easier for us if you keep it. Still got it.

Tekton Lore - $1080. Punches way way above its price. Pay extra for the grills if you don't like the looks. 

Van Alstine Vison SET 120 Power Amp. $1200. I haven't heard better at this price. 

Schiit Saga + Preamp. $400 If you like the sound of your power amp and don't want to change its sound, this pre is transparent and the build quality is better than $400.  

Aiyima A07 stereo amp  $85  I know, a communist product. But a big improvement over the NAD D3020 in my second system with regards to sound quality and power output. It's tiny and not much to look at.