are we also coffee connoisseurs? Or wine enthusiasts?

I was thinking when I made my espresso this morning.

But maybe enjoying music (and passionately committing to the rituals and the environment conducive to enjoying music) has more to do with wine? Scotch? Cognac?

or do you ears work best when....?

grislybutter

@edcyn

wine indeed improved a lot in Hungary (my home country) in the last 2 decades, as they restored the tradition. The famous story about California's wine is that it was started by a Hungarian. Whoever did it, I am happy with the results.

Not a big expert in South American wines, but the ones I tried were all high quality

Cannabis enthusiast here! Never liked the taste of coffee and am not drinking alcohol these days, 'cause beers I like (British cask-conditioned real ales) are too hard to come by.... 

I love coffee, but love wine even more.  You'd think I'd have a stake in Kirkland wine, but I don't.

@grislybutter That Hungarian would be Agoston Haraszthy who brought cuttings from European vineyards in the 1850s and 60s and considered one of the founders of the CA wine industry. Also Hungarian wine was improved immeasurably by the fall of the Iron Curtain and Western investment in it's vineyards.

@jond, yes, also the first Sheriff of San Diego

Unfortunately 80% of Hungarian wine (<$2) is still junk though