The MoFi Mess and TAS rolling over for them

Totally disgusted with TAS opinions on the mofi mess. They're basically saying it was okay to dupe us.  Jonathan Valin actually says as long as it sounds good...

What a sell out to the audiophile community.  TAS is nothing but a glorified product catalogue for their advertisers.  

128x128cerrot

I heartily concur with every post here, except with the MoFi defender.

@yoyoyaya The reason why MoFi won’t release DSD files in native format is because the Analog or Die! Crowd won’t shell out $125 for a 40 minute download.

They prefer those files embedded in a slab of petroleum and extracted with with a needle.  However, they prefer to pretend that those files are purely analog.  

The relationship between review magazines and manufacturers is truly incestuous.

Gave up my subs to TAS and Stereophile a few years back. Too much BS. The Mofi mess? Could care less. Fermer and all the so-called experts? Could care less what they say/think. They don’t have my ears, budget, room, or taste, so it’s irrelevant to me. Never thought Mofis sounded that good…bloated bass, no top end air…only bought a handful over the years. Got a couple that sound ok. Analogue Productions and Music on Vinyl much better to me. Journalism today? What a joke. 

Just maybe the creation of the vinyl record creates pleasing distortions, and maybe the revelation here is that the purported superiority of vinyl over digital is an emperor with no clothes. That’s what my ears tell me, anyway.