Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

Bought my first system in high school in the early 70’s. Went to Tech Hifi in Springfield, NJ and got a low end Sansui receiver, Philips GA-212 turntable with AudioTechnica cartridge. Speakers were EPI 120. Later steam cleaned cookie sheets in a bakery over winter break to make enough money to go back to Tech Hifi and get a Technics cassette deck. First vinyl album bought and played on that system was Derek and the Dominos, Live in Concert.

Around the same time, my Dad got a system for our family room. Also at the same Tech Hifi store, he got a Sansui Seven receiver, Elac Miracord automatic turntable with Audio Technica cartridge and Ohm B speakers. 

A pawn shop in Austin, Texas, my freshman year of college at UT in 1988.  They had a pair of infinity speakers (I was an avid reader of Stereo Review at the time and knew that brand was at least decent) and they wanted $100 for the pair and I started to walk out of the store twice before they finally came down to something like $25.  They matched quite nicely with my cheap Sherwood receiver.  I wish I could remember what model they were.  That was the start of 34 years of obsession and buying and selling and tweaking that will likely never end.

A Marantz amp, klipsch floor speakers from an office mate, and a thorens TD 165 turntable.