Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 or the BDA-2 Dac

Anyone try the Bryston BDP-2 digital player or the BDA-2 Dac?
I am very interested in both of these units due to there capabilities.
The BDP-2 player is unique in its ability to play from large external hardrives and the BDA-2 Dac is supposed to mate well with the player.
But, I wonder how they compare in sound qualities to my present modified Touch with linear power supply.

Any supporting experience or opinions with these units would be appreciated.
Thanks,
ozzy
128x128ozzy
I own the BDA 2 and couldn't be happier. I use mine with a computer based (usb) source and --once broken in -- there is no glare, ringing or digital artifacts that is usually associated with digital playback. This DAC has really impressed me with its transparency. It reproduces pianos, bass, horns, vibes, cymbals , and acoustic guitars with realism. I like it better than my BAT VK D5 SE. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Ozzy, would you mind giving us your impressions of the BDP-2 when you get it? I am torn right now between that or building my own CAPS server. Coming from a Sonos the user interface is very important to me. Based on the Bryston website I am not entirely sure what my interface options are.
I have both BDP-2 and BDA-2. A wonderful combination with lots of finesse. And guts. Very resolving and transparent, although it took some tweaking to bring the full glory of this combo out. They respond dramatically to high caliber cables and power. When I switched to Hi Diamond I sat back in amazement at the presentation. Music seems "honest" not editorialized or doctored. A spectacular recording sounds just that. Massive power, expansive space, delicacy, nuance. Real emotion, real involvement.

I'm feeding it with a 500 G Samsung SSD, connected via one of it's rear USB inputs. I also have 2 128G USB 3 flash drives up front with various collections. Most of my downloads are from HD Tracks, and typically 196/24 if available. There is a significant improvement with higher rez. in well-mastered stuff.

If you check my system, you'll see I've drank the HiDiamond KoolAid. Ozzy, I think you're on that road, so you'll understand. Before anything else, toss those generic computer grade power cords, then move on from there.

In summary, the Bryston combo makes for a fine musically rewarding front end. I'm back to exploring music, and enjoying every minute.

My only peeve - I wish the DAC had a polarity reversal switch. The system's transparency makes the choice of "correct" polarity so readily obvious that it's annoying to hear a track the "wrong" way. And switching both speaker leads is a nuisance, and detracts from the enjoyment

pm me if you need any more details!
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Joman, Thanks for your comments.I am looking forward to trying the combo out.
About how many hours do you think it took for breakin?

Tboooe,
I sure will post my impressions. I am expecting alot, hope I'm not disappointed.

Tympani,
Yes, the HiDiamond cables are a fantastic contributor to my overall emjoyment. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 that I'm planning to use as the remote control. I hope that is not too difficult for this 'ole man' to figure it out.
Break in for me was 350 hrs when periodic glare and digital hash disappeared. After that this dac really opened up. I use the XLR output with Purist Audio interconnects. My BDA 2 plugs into a shunyata hydra 6. The pc -- I made using a Teflon insulated 12 gauge wire with cryo'ed watt gate IEC and male outlet plug. I haven't experimented with any other wire but believe the BDA will respond to the caliber of cable that is used. I would be very interested in your impressions as well. Please share your finding.