Vandersteen 2WQ

Has anyone had any luck blending the Vandersteen 2WQ sub with any speakers other than the Vandersteen models?
timo62
Tim,
Thank you for your response and the personal message through A-gon. Yes, installing the 2WQ would not be a problem as I have a separate line preamp and power monoblocks. I currently use a pair of the Silverline SR-17.5 monitors, and they blend in quite nicely despite the room limitations, but the bass response could certainly be improved. I've also been having some issues with one of the tweeters (see my thread here regarding speaker advice I posted a few days ago), and consider potentially replacing Silverlines with the Vandersteen 2CE, but again I'm concerned they would be too much for the room given their generous bass output. That is why I jumped into this thread with my questions. It sounds like the 2WQ would improve the overall bass response even though they would at the same time increase the actual bass output within the room boundaries, correct?
(((It sounds like the 2WQ would improve the overall bass response even though they would at the same time increase the actual bass output within the room boundaries, correct?))

Because of the Vandy high pass, you now have control on
the main speakers/amp and can adjust to preference tighten or loosen them up at the rooms resonance or overload point.
The 2WQ as mentioned above can now be adjusted for the rooms best transition blending, while achieving genuine extension lending music a more enjoyable foundation.
JohnnyR
The Vandersteen 2WQ is a great sub. I am using The Vandersteen M5-HP crossover with my Conrad Johnson equipment into my Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grands/ 2WQ. Sounds great! I was able to blend the 2WQ very easy with my VA with the help from the M5-HP crossover , sub controls -sensitivity control (volume) and the Q control ( Loose to tight sound) and placement of sub in room. I have been using the 2WQ for several months now.