Ampzilla 2000 v2 and Mcintosh MC402

I have the opportunity to either purchase an Ampzilla 2000 or MC402 from Mcintosh. I am choosing either one of these and would like your opinion on either one. Which one is better sound quality wise?

The rest of my system is : Mcintosh C1100 preamp, KEF reference 1 speakers, and Audioquest cables.

I like deep big bass, smooth mid range, big and deep sound stage and airy high.

128x128viethluu

I really need some one with an open mind! Ampzilla is not inferior to Mcintosh as far as I can see.

Having said that, I just want to find a good amp amongst them that will be better sonically.

If you want pretty, get the Mc.  If you want music, get the one designed by James Bongiorno, who knows more about amp design than Mc ever will.

Cheers!

Back in the Days of Yore (75-79) the original GAS Ampzilla ruled the High End world. Harry Pearson of TAS praised it, calling it "surgically romantic"!!!! It's sibling the Son of Ampzilla garnered more praise! And the Thaedra preamp had the world's first high-gain phono stage capable of handling a lomc cartridge with minimal noise. These products elevated James Bongiorno (SAE, SWTP, Dynaco) to audio designer stardom. Sad to say that James B. is no longer with us. His legacy continues on with the products from SST. 

I say sell the McIntosh preamp and buy the SST preamp and the Ampzilla 2000. The pair complement each other! 

@jasonbourne52 That is a good piece of history. My only concern is: since Jame is gone, the company might stop innovating. It will begin to fall behind its competitor (for example: Mcintosh).

I am current having appointments for both Mc402 and Ampzilla 2000. I have until this Friday to cancel one of them!