Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

Spec sheets are only part of the equation.

Purfi looks great on paper but sounded like garbage in my systems.

snapsc, 

Yes to all. When the guys came over. We played several pieces that highlights each of the instrument's that you mention and more. As I mentioned before the Realism and True to the Instruments is incredible. The Amps like my MA-1’s just suck you in and transport you to the concert. I found my self at times walking into the room looking for the band. They don’t have the bloom and soundstage the MA-1’s have. But, they still do very good. Soundstage is deep and wide. Cymbals, Drum taps and kicks, Brushes, Piano, Sax, Guitars all are what they should be. And these are NOT dry and lifeless. Nor bright. But they aren’t sleeping either. Simply put for the money. I’d say best I’ve heard under $10,000. Reguardless of SS, Tube, Highbrid, Class D. The XA.8 and .5 Pass guys that came but loved them. As did the Tube Guys.  I was going back and forth buying Pass XA 30.8, XA 60.8 or Atma-Sphere Class D. I am very happy with my decision. 

As for Ralph’s class d amps… is the music vivid and engaging?  Are the harmonics rich?  Do pianos sound right?  How about horns?  Is there sibilance? Is the soundstage engulfing?  How do cymbals sound?  How about drum hit?