Looking for a streamer/DAC

OK. 
an old dog trying to catch a new stick. Looking for a streamer/DAC that includes Wi-Fi and would be best to run through my McIntosh MA352. 
I’m confused about the preamp section in many products. Can the preamp be bypassed so I can continue to enjoy the warmth of the tubes?

I have B&W 803 D4 speakers and max budget of $4-5K. 
thanks. 

128x128durangorusd

I have had the following DAC/Streamer combo's

Aurender A10.  

Lumin T2

Cary 600

Cary 700

Currently have a Bricasti M3 w/ network card.  Please Pm if I can help. Too many variables to discuss all these machines.

@durangorusd

Very sound decision starting out with the Bluesound Node to get yourself acquainted with streaming music. They make a solid product and are well established. 

I used a Node 2i for a number of years and was never dissatisfied with its sound quality and streaming ability just using the original power supply. I did move to an outboard DAC in time but the onboard DAC was decent and enjoyable. You can also disable the volume control in the Node as you suggested. 

Be sure to go with the newest version of the Node as I believe they have upgraded the DAC design and possibly some other features.

Enjoy the music! That’s what it is all about!

According to Brian of Bricasti the internal network player of their DACs performs better than the outboard streamers, citing a I2S > AES > USB. 

OP, 

A wall wart is a single small box that plugs into an electrical outlet. So, in this case a wifi extender. Just google wifi extender. Most just plug in and have an Ethernet output… plug your streamer into that.

Here are some: https://www.top5choose.com/top-5-wifi-extender-2022.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw39uYBhCLARIsAD_SzMQ2bs4TWDDdx4795Z12TWhQ5pWQYy1rJFEeRuyXmPW-3xxdEzFXcm8aAhTaEALw_wcB

I have a Mcintosh ma352 with B&W speakers also... I have used only one streamer that has all the specs you are looking for... I have a Rose rs150 which I really like and internet radio comes with it with a large selection of anything you would like to listen too. The Rs250 is half the price and comes with much the same features but half the size. You can store your music internally by adding an SSD drive or play off a USB stick that plugs in the back. It has a port for connecting a computer and a port for ethernet through which you get the internet radio or wifi. It has wonderful Vu meters in many colors which made me want it (I'm a sucker for VU meters). You might audition it and others because since I haven't heard others, there maybe something better out there but I like the one I have a lot. Maybe it is for you.