Power cords or power conditioner

I’m at a cross roads and I’m looking for some advice from those have have gone down this road. I recently added a 2 channel integrated amplifier to improve my 2 channel performance. I had been using my Datasat LS-10 for music and while it sounded really nice, it was missing the depth and clarity that I know my speakers are capable of. My speakers are KEF Reference 3s, rest of my 2 channel set is is as follows:

Luxman L 509x

Luxman D-03x

Roon Nucleus Plus

Lumin U2 Mini

Transparent Audio Super speaker cables

Nordorst Red Dawn XLR, Blue Heaven USB

Wire World Platinum USB

All power cables are DYI using Oyaide Tsunami V2 cable

So what I feel I am missing is that 3D holographic sound stage. It was there with the Luxman 509 when I demo’d it, but I am unable to get that experience at my house. I feel that majority of equipment is up to the task but I am curious if I should ad a top shelf power condtioner like a Shunyata Triton or Torus AVR20 into the system or replace my Intergrated’s power cord with a Shunyata Alpha NC? I’m getting tapped out, so for now it can only be one or the other.

Or should I skip the above and focus on room treatments?

wheelndeal1099

Wow, like all threads you have so many contradictory posts, but you can figure things out for yourself if you can return what doesn’t work. I think that @ghdprentice got it right. Even McIntosh wants you to plug your integrated amp into the wall, but notice the word "almost" in his remarks. Personally, I’m sold on Shunyata for power, but others look elsewhere, but with power cables, you are going to spend $6K to $13K on a conditioner and the proper cables just for your conditioner and integrated.. Now you enable the dynamics of your power amp and not dull the dynamics. For me, that’s not spare change, so I demanded a real noticeable..not subtle improvement. The problem here is how far do you want to take it? I still have to buy NR power cables for my DAC, streamer and phono preamp. I know that at $2400/cable I’ll have close to maxed out my system and I have bought into Shunyata’s Noise Reduction cables where component noise doesn’t contaminate other components. I purchased less expensive NR cables for my subwoofers and I think this worked well, but buying more $2400 cables is tough.  So the problem with conditioners/regenerators is that you have to spend a small fortune to do it right.

Post removed 

Why not both, power (distributor and cables) and room treatments. And honestly implementing room treatment is relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme of things.It just needs a lot of work. For me, I gotten everything I could possibly need, goods and advice, from GIK Acoustics. And of course, speaker placement, toe in, distance from listening position, etc. which are of course …. Free. Just some work.

From my own experience with real people, those who proclaim power cords and conditioners make zero difference, and room is all that matters, typically have zero room treatments in their rooms. They just love to bash cables. As they say, don’t pay attention to the preaching of a naked priest. Or something like that.

“Why not both,” is because the power cord and conditioner cannot fix a room, nor fix placement.

One cannot change the physics of the room interaction with a high $ cable.

Secondly, it is better to do the things have have a greater impact first, as well as the things that do not require a trip to the store.

Cleaning corrosion off the RCA/XLR and speaker connectors… and making sure that outlets connections are tight are some of the things that can make a difference. But moving a speaker almost always has a huge impact. And it can take hours or days of futzing around.

Once all that is done, I stop… But I am more of a cable denier so there is that. But a believer should probably start their cable search when the system is “as right as it can be.” And not start with cables and power conditioners as a strategy to fix and room and speaker placement issues.

OK. Fair. Nothing you said is essentially terribly wrong. Show me your room & your room treatments and I will eat crow. You can PM me or post a picture of your system here under “systems”.

also:

But I am more of a cable denier

The good thing , again, is admit this 😂

And for some reason, you folks believe that people who spend $1,000+ on a power cord do not take care of their room and the room treatments and speakers positioning 🤦‍♂️🙄

You quoted me on this:

From my own experience with real people, those who proclaim power cords and conditioners make zero difference, and room is all that matters, typically have zero room treatments in their rooms. They just love to bash cables. As they say, don’t pay attention to the preaching of a naked priest. Or something like that.

@thyname

Let’s just leave it here:

OK. Fair. Nothing you said is essentially terribly wrong.

Once the OP sees if anything helpful can be done with speaker placement, then they can do the power cords.

My main statement was that I would do the easy stuff first.

Since we seem to agree on that, let’s just stop there for now.