Which sub $2k CD player would you recommend?

Rega Saturn
Cambridge 840c
NAD Master 05 SACD/CD
Bel Canto CD-1
Other??????

All of these can be had either new or used for under $2k. I am looking for an "esoteric X-01 or X-03" kind of sound. meaning I want details, transparency and bass slam. Not a rounded out or smoothed sound that loses details. Thanks!
arbuckle
go for a used sony scd1 or the equal 777es. it does not get better then those two units and the best part is that tons of mods are available.
>>12-01-07: Bobburda
I recently acquired an MHZS CD 66E that knocks the sox off of anything that I have heard under $5K.<<

Please list all of the players under $5K you've critically evaluated. The associated components would be helpful as well.
Bobburda
I recently acquired an MHZS CD 66E.

I agree with Bobburda on the MHZS CD 66E. I would really look into this unit before spending anything above that price level. I would spend what I save on a used Pre,amp,or even software.
I am very skeptical of Pacific valve and their products. They look like they were cheaply made and the guy who sells it here online has ZERO feedback. Fishy that all these people are pumping MHZS and the lone seller has almost no feedback.