Atma-Sphere Class D… Amazing

Today I picked up my Atma-Sphere Class D Amps. These aren’t broken in yet. And they are simply amazing. I’ve listen to a lot of High End Class D. Some that cost many times what Atma-Sphere Class D costs. I wasn’t a fan of any of them. But these amps are amazing. I really expected to hate them. So my expectations were low. The Details are of what I’ve never heard from any other amps. They are extremely neutral. To say the realism is is extremely good is a gross understatement. They are so transparent it’s scary. These amps just grab you and suck you into the music. After I live with them some and get them broken in. And do some comparisons to some other high end Amps Solid State, Tubes and Class D’s, also in other systems I’ll do a more comprehensive review. But for now, these are simply amazing amps.. Congrats to Ralph and his team. You guys nailed on these.

128x128pstores

You bought a pair of amps expecting to hate them? Strange approach to putting together a great sounding system. Could you elaborate? Your system, strategy, venue.

I have  Atma-Sphere MA-1’s with all the options. Have an Atma-Sphere MP-3 Vcaps and Caddocks. Both are 3.3 versions so current. Am running Bel Canto Dac and Streamer Dac back to back. Current versions. Running Roon with dedicated server.  Classe CDP-202, with Khorns with VCAP ODAM’s in the crossover. Running Cullen Cables for Power, Interconnects, and Speaker cables. Also have a set Gregiteks, Harbeth 40.2 and Magnepan 1.7i for some comparisons. 

I took Ralph’s word that I would like these amps. I have not heard any Class D I actually liked. Or would compare to a Fully Optioned Atma-Sphere MA-1. And now I have…. I am like I said very surprised. So far in some respects my MA-1’s do things better. And some respects the Class D do some things better. Once broke in I can’t wait to put them against some nice SS Amps. And compare them more to my MA-1’s. It’ll be interesting if I like them better in the end. But this is all subjective opinions… My own…. But my system isn’t a slouch system. And I run all High Rez files.

Hope that Answers your questions…. 

I should add I heard the prototypes a few years back at Ralph’s Shop. So I knew at that point they were really good then. But hard to compare till you put it in your own system. The system you are most familiar with. Tonight I got to do that. And is when I how special they really are…. Going to be a great weekend…

Pstores, I am waiting on my amps to ship. Then I will see how they compare to the M-60's , which I love. Also using the MP3 and a Shindo preamp I alternate, cause I love them both. Thanks for the write-up!