Streamer Upgrade

I have a modified Bluesound Node 2i with an upgraded power supply board and Terry Pardo power supply. While I am happy with it, I have the upgrade itch! I'm curious if anyone has upgraded from a modded Bluesound Node and what your thoughts are/were? On the TP website, they claim this upgrade brings "it very close to the level of network streamers costing twice as much" which makes me curious as to how big of a jump others experienced. I'm looking at streamer only as I am not interested in units with onboard DAC's. I currently use Roon with a Mac Mini as my Core. My DAC is the Schiit Gungnir MB. 

Thanks!

-Will

128x128willg1985

Just opened the home page of Simaudio Moon Mind 2 Network Player Streamer.

Be aware, those who need it: even in the latest version, the Mind 2 doesn't offer USB output to DACs or DDC units.  This is a pretty big hole for today's evolving connectivity.  I can't use it with my Denafrips Iris DDC.  Many of the older brands are upgrading their units right now to incorporate this.

@gregjacob so you want to introduce more noise using the USB interface.

pointless for a streamer. Use the AES or a digital cable and noise is a non factor. 

@glennewdick Did you use the Nucleus as your streamer straight into your external DAC, or did you have a ROON endpoint in-between?   Am asking because my experience streaming QOBUZ with ROON using the Nucleus with an IFi Zen Stream as the ROON endpoint provides superior sound quality, user interface and connectivity dependability vs. my previous setups with Bluesound streamers and an Aurender N10.

I use USB between the Bluesound and Gustard and have similar blackness as my CD player. I would never use any other connection as USB is the only one I know that allows the clock of the dac to be used rather than the clock in the streamer. And my Gustard dac is way superior than the Bluesound dac.