Which pair of speakers changed your Hifi life?

*** I am not trying to create a debate or a quarrel with anyone. My discussions are purely having a talks and to express one's experiences. Also to learn fellow audio lovers passion. Please do not disrespect with hurtful words or expressions. Please be more forgiving and understanding in this discussion thread. Thank you." ***

Hopefully one day, someone would say "Mon Acoustic speakers were the turning point in my Hifi life".  😃

My 2ch-audio journey began when my uncle bought his BOSE system at his home (don't even know the model or never really heard it) in early 90s. Bose was rear and expensive in Korea(South) back then. So I started my own system with Bose Cinematics 2.1. Then moved on to Goldenear Triton 3, then to Triton 1. But more utilizing the speakers for AV set ups, not 2 ch stereo.   

When I had my first house, I bought a pair of Revel M105 speakers and I think these are the pair that really changed my audio life. My initial paring with M105 was Yamaha receiver. Then I tried goofie set up with center speaker 3.1 to see if it improves vocal in the songs I liked. We went through many combinations of system set up. I ended up with Chord Electronics set up. 

I still own them. Always struggle time to time, whether to sell them or not due to the number of pairs I own(out of a guilt). I cannot argue how many pairs of shoes my wife owns.  I pair them with NAD M10 (version 1) for my bedroom since my wife likes the warm and well rounded sound, and 80% its white design aspect. 

So what are the speakers that have impacted your life? 

128x128monacousticusa

Maggies changed my life for about 20 years a few years back then it changed again when I discovered the newer Ohm Walsh speakers which were like Maggies or even Quad ES speakers with better dynamics and that work in most rooms better.

More recently, KEF ls50 metas have made their impression on me and the latest and greatest KEF speaker technology will likely keep their newer products on my radar as well for the foreseeable future. I could probably easily live with a pair of latest and greatest KEF Blades, but those would require a larger investment in speakers than I have currently.

Wouldn’t mind having a pair of very small Maggies around in the future still either, just as an option in certain cases.

Others that come to mind I have heard but not necessarily owned that have influenced me in unique ways: Magico mini (overall sound from a standmount off a really good front end), mbl 111 (most realistic live-like presentation ever, similar to Ohm), Fritz Carerra (sound, value and versatility), Klipsch Legacy line (reasonably affordable higher efficiency designs) , Vanatoo ( overall design and features in a most affordable package, I do own a pair of these....everyone who can afford a high-end system should also own a pair of these just for fun), and the big Harbeths (very clean midrange, lovely articulate vocals). Spatial Audio open-baffle speakers also impress me in general whenever I hear them.

Threads getting old and so am I. Used to dream about big box Infinity, didn’t have the space, equipment, or cash. Things changed, I bought a late model set of IRS Beta thinking they were a statement piece and ahead of their time.. I still do. Fed well and maintained the sound is still relevant in my opinion.

Cheers

Apogee Calipers!  I bought them back in 1986 $1,695.00.

upgraded from JBL-166's $500.00.

Opened up the sound stage in terms of clarity,depth,dynamics. As if a damp cheesecloth veil was lifted off. I can sit back close my eyes and imagine the room of the recordings. The space in between the performers whether a Classical opera house, jazz night club, or rock recording studio. No reservations or regrets to this day.

Maybe Intuitive Audio Summits were the closest.

Never heard a high level audiophile speaker that I liked. Hope someday that will change.