B.S. Node 2i brick (yet another one)

Mine died after 3 years, like so many others, ordered and replaced the caps (they looked fine) and still doesn't turn on. My problem is a bit different - no red light at all on the top, although I may have disabled led's in the setup, and I'm not sure if that setting carries over to bootup.. Anyway, its dead, does nothing, no lights, no network lights at the cable when I plug it into ethernet.

This POS BS company will discount me a whopping $75 on a REFURBISHED unit. This is pathetic service for a $600 piece of equipment. I'll never buy another piece of hardware from Bluesound. Audiophile gear priced like that should last 20 years imo. 

What would you guys do? Try and find a full power supply, or do the aftermarket upgrade? My worry is that my power board is fine and its the main board that's bad. I'm not sure how to test this. I did some high level probing on the power board with an electrical engineer, and it looked ok.. Is there a way to hard reset it via usb or something? Does the service button at the back provide any function?

128x128doug1234

Digital power supplies are normally not robust when taking power hits

High frequency spikes and RF noise is a killer. Small sound gear like streamers and DACs won't handle bad power. Did you have power protection? You do not need esoteric, just something to filter and regulate from my experience.

@2psyop 

Well done, sir! It’s nice coming across instances of persons genuinely supporting one another around a shared passion. Seems like the world could use a lot more of that lately. Again, well done.

I have already had 4 or 5 flawless years of service on my Node. I guess if it breaks tomorrow I would still think a used $350 item was a pretty great deal. I understand that these items are not forever though.

After four factory resets finally got it up and at it again.

Thanks for the help. Having suffered from the sarcasm and smugness of members before, I've noticed how much more positve and helpful the forum has been of late. Refreshing and much appreciated.

Found this 

on streamer upgrades especially helpful

Thanks 

Pieter