SkyfiAudio

This is the second time I bought from them, the first one is Marigo apparition digital cable, last Wednesday I bought Red Rose r3 Speakers, it’s their summer sale, both went well, amazing  packaging , excellent communication,Good price, Fernando and Elliot White are class act , thank you. 

128x128jayctoy

Their advertised items always pique my interest but the outrageous pricing ends it. I was just on their site, only because the OP mentioned a sale, the prices I saw are closer to reality. If they had sale items more often, I wouldn't hesitate to contact them. 

Although, if they're so easily offended by potential customers' questions, it might result in me getting banned.

@stereo5 

WOW! I could tell from their descriptions that they don’t properly do their homework, but THIS is just unacceptable. If I was my younger punk self I’d mail them a turd.

I’ve purchased five items from SkyFi Audio and I have been satisfied with each purchase. (1) my McIntosh C100 preamp for which I paid 150% of the original retail price —but— it cost me (slightly) less than the list price of the RP-9 tube preamp offered by the manufacturer of my Rogue 100 power amp and offered (many) more features. So, while I don’t count it a bargain, it offered ME value for money (plus it looks cool and has an two excellent phono inputs (MM and MC) which replaced my Schiit Freya+ and ELAC PP-2.

(2) A Proceed PDT-3 CD transport by Madrigal, i.e. ‘The Toaster’ for less than 1/2 of what a new CD transport or player would cost me, complete with AES/EBU interface which replaced my combo Phillips VCR/DVD.
(3) An upgraded Music Hall mmf-5.3 which shipped complete with a Sumiko cartridge they installed better than I ever could (see more below) which cost me about what I would have paid for the turntable alone and sorted all my turntable issues instantly.
(4) An original Auralic Aries ‘network bridge’ which furnishes a streaming feed into my Schiit Yggdrasil DAC.

(5) A lively little Velodyne subwoofer to boost the bottom end of my vintage Warfedale W70E speakers.

Their service has been prompt, the shipping secure (original boxes when available) and they they have responded to my customer service complaints in a prompt and professional manner.

When the Aries arrived with a 5 volt power supply for an input clearly labeled ‘16 Volt’ I snapped a shot, sent it to Elliott and while objecting that it had passed testing with the 5 volt supply, ponied up the cash (~$200.00) and sent me an original ‘Ultra-quiet linear power supply.’  So I have no complaints that amount to anything.

I’ve toured the shop in Glenrock and met Elliott and the their tech Ben whose job I  covet. I’ve checked out the gear that Fernando uses to calibrate his turntables, and it is impressive. He also works on automobiles in the shop; he is a mechanic and understands mechanisms as well as electronics; not all electronic technicians are so gifted. I would have confidence in any tape drive or turntable that passed his inspection.

So, while some comment that SkyFi Audio markets to those who don’t know what they’re doing (a comment from a previous post on this same topic), and which resembles me quite a bit, I have to say they are not a ‘dealer’ looking to support a long-time customer; their shop is not a showroom, nor do they offer demonstrations (except by appointment, I suppose), they do offer equipment for sale, you know their address, they stand behind their product (try that E-Bay and PayPal sellers). He does seem to price things according to the value he places on them, not necessarily ‘market value,’ so while you might get a fair price, you’re unlikely to get a ‘steal,’ in my opinion.

He is like a car dealer I know who preferred to sell used cars. He told me, “There’s no money selling new cars because the customer can always comparison shop across town or in the next county; when I put a relatively recent used car on my lot, I’ve got the only one.” I suspect that’s his game; and, of course to feed his family.
However, as is often posted on these pages, ‘Your Milage May Vary.’

And as some others sign off— Enjoy the Music! (for cryin’ out loud)

More to discover