Where do you want your system to go when you go?

People think of real estate, stocks, property...etc.  But I'm wondering where would my audio systems go when I go?  Most in my family are happy with television and an audio system that is more like a TV or toaster.  Not to be morbid, but my friends that would have cared are no longer living.  There are lawyers, charitable causes and other "things" for other possessions, but I cannot see my systems going to Goodwill....etc.  For us baby boomers it is a real thought.  My best friend, who died of cancer, had a decent system with sperates and some Martin Logan speakers... his wife didn't care and ended up giving it all away and basically just watches TV.  

What do you want to happen to your system?...hopefully many of you have people in your life that your system would mean something to them.

jusam

Whatever your plan is make sure your family knows real market value of your system. Just in case put good visible price stickers on the back of your components :)

I am at the stage where I don't sell my extra stuff since all will go to my son.

An engineer and former "rock star", he is 2,000 mikes away in Nashville.

May start sending him stuff that I no longer listen to. It will be a task to get the big speakers to him.

I have the same problem as a lot of you.  I don’t know that anyone will care.  My sons like music but likely think a good Bluetooth speaker connected to Spotify on their phone is as good as it gets.  I know that my sons and a nephew are going to heave on the 67 lbs. amp and say, “Screw this!”   I just hope they sell the stuff for something reasonable and not just give it away.  I feel of bit of comfort in knowing that there will be less loss from my $10,000 system than if I had $30,000 - $50,000 - $100,000 in it!  

The other day I happened to notice how much several of my larger Grateful Dead boxed sets were selling for online. I made a quick listing of those and all of the other now much pricier boxed sets, from King Crimson to classical and connected her with a close friend that sells a lot on Ebay, so he's up to speed on bids vs buy it now, shipping, making sure the buyers aren't scammers etc.

She would never listen to these boxed sets but enjoys my system enough that she would use it until she passed on, at which time, it gets sold off with proceeds going to the grandchildren and charity.

My 6'-4" hand-built speakers are a bit daunting for the average living room.

On the bright side, when I'm gone they'll provide someone with very impressive outdoor speakers.  For one season.