A rookie with 10K, seeking advise

I'm new to the HiFi world. I listen to a lot of female vocal and classical music. I like both digital and vinyl. I am using a pair of Wharfedale Linton heritage and PS Audio Stellar Strata. 

I know this is too broad a question, but with 10K budget, where can I wisely spend my money? I don't mind tubes and I don't mind used either.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

llid2

llid2, lot's if different recommendations here, here's another for $10K

Keep the Denafrips DAC, it's not a limiting factor for you. Bluesound Node latest model 130 I think)  is a good streamer as long as bypass the internal DAC and go to the Terminator. You didn't mention CD transport or I missed it, but AudioLab 6000CDT $600 to the Terminator would be great.

Cables do not have to be crazy, maybe 10% to 15% of total cost. Power upgrade (dedicated line ($200/300?), high quality plug (Oyaide, PS Audio Power Port, etc $100) good power cable $200 will deliver nice dividends  

Speakers and amplifier should be your priority, but I definitely recommend demo time with them.....and take your time, nothing worse than rushing and having to take a loss on something you don't love.

@llid2 

Lots of good comments;

1) you are in the learning stage 

2) take you’re time 

3) you need to hear to find out what you like 

4) go to a big city and listen to multiple setups 

5) or/preferred  -Find an audio buddy and go to a Audio Show ( AXPONA? )

good luck on your journey and have a list of music you like to play 

@llid2 

also , Read the Recommended Lists of the hIFi magazines 

And buy a Stereophile magazine subscription! 

they ratings also give you a price range to help in putting your money down

jeff

I'm new to the HiFi world. I listen to a lot of female vocal and classical music. I like both digital and vinyl. I am using a pair of Wharfedale Linton heritage and PS Audio Stellar Strata. 

How did you arrive at ^that^ set up?
- purchased new or used? Or given/loaned to you?

I didn’t read much of this but Used is your way to go. System I’m currently listening to has MSRP of approx 10k. All in I’m like 2k. Other one is Msrp 20k and have 4.5 k into it. If money was no object maybe I would buy new?? Probably not though as I like a deal.