Recommendation on speakers for listening to live music

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on speakers for listening to live music. I have a big collection of live Grateful Dead, phish, jazz, etc.. This is music on cd or vinyl that was recorded live. Are there quality speakers that cater to both live and studio recordings. Would be using McIntosh power amps mc252, mc275 etc.. Thank you very much for any advice.

jazzydrummer

Definitely horn speakers.  Check out Charney Audio website.  Great sound and nice design.  Live music with my Viking Acoustic Grande Voix dual horn speakers is mesmerizing.  Unfortunately, they are way above your budget.  

I like the Wilson Alexandria. Nice dynamics.  Natural balance.  Good soundstage, decent imaging for a mid-size speaker.  

Bloody hell man. You answered your own question. JBL. There is no better for what you seek. It's likely others on this forum have not experienced the beauty of the source material you mentioned. A lesson in history might benefit some but some, but likely most here would lend a deaf ear.... For me modern JBL studio monitors with properly phased subs are the hands down ticket. Yes, pun intended. Live sound at home. Amps. Source. Entirely different conversation. Peace ✌️

My Klipsch RF-7 III’s (assisted with a HSU sub)