Washington Post article on MoFi vs. Fremer vs. Esposito

Here's a link to a Washington Post article on the recent dustup with MoFi. The comments section (including posts by Michael Fremer) are interesting.

Disclaimer: This is a "public service announcement, a point Im adding since some forum members complained the last article I referenced here was "paywall protected", I'll note that, for those who are non-subscribers, free access to limited numbers of articles is available by registering (trade-off: The Post will deluge you with subscription offers)

kacomess

Curious how this will affect Mo-Fi’s turntable and analog hardware in general. Will they reveal that their turntables are nothing but rebadged/re-plinthed versions of another high end brand? (Tongue firmly in cheek…)

I agree, and if this was a thread about Fentanyl, I would express anger and great concern. However, this is an audio site and the thread is about MoFi... 

Well you just did express anger and great concern so this is now on the record. Exactly who would be the recipient of your anger? 

A class action was inevitable.

I own one MoFi "one step" album. It was warped and noisy out of the box.

Personally I never liked their stuff, even in the pre-Music Direct days.

This is a First World Problem, to be sure.  Let’s face it that like Wine Tasters, audiophiles can be easily duped.  Why?  Because there is more than one way to arrive at excellent sound. Mid Fi equipment today performs at a fantastic level compared to 30 years ago.  It makes it easy for to claim some special process is going on when the reality is there is nothing beyond baseline competence and clever marketing